Earlier this month, we here at MMAmania.com embarked on a quest to determine the best of the best in the year 2011. Naturally, that includes knockouts because really, what's better than a good old fashion separation of man and senses?
There were plenty of worthy contenders but the ultimate winner was the man widely considered to be the pound-for-pound greatest fighter of all time, UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, and his front kick to the face knockout of Vitor Belfort back at UFC 126 on Feb. 5, 2011, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
It took "The Spider" less than a round to unload one of his long limbs and feed into "The Phenom's" foot fetish with a perfectly placed kick. It was brilliant devastation to say the least.
Silva's incredible kick was nearly beat out by an unlikely contender and fellow Brazilian. See exactly who, as well as the full results of our poll for the best knockout of 2011, after the jump.
- Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort -- 579 votes
- Cairo Rocha vs. Francisco Neves -- 533 votes
- Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry -- 411 votes
- Lyoto Machida vs. Randy Couture -- 324 votes
- Marius Zaromskis vs. Bruno Carvalho -- 124 votes
- John Makdessi vs. Kyle Watson -- 43 votes
- Other -- 43 votes
- Patricky Freire vs. Toby Imada -- 30 votes
- Arthur Guseinov vs. Tyson Jeffries -- 29 votes
Remember to check out the winner for "Fight of the Year," as well, by clicking here.