UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva, ready to "Swoosh" into action against Yushin Okami at UFC 134 on Aug. 27 in Rio de Janiero, Brazil, has signed an endorsement deal with sports apparel juggernaut Nike, according to UOL Esporte.
Sherdog.com has more:
With the deal, Silva joins the likes of Yoshihiro Akiyama, Caol Uno and Kazuyuki Miyata as MMA fighters who have been backed by Nike. Boxing champ Manny Pacquiao also numbers among the company's athletes, while ex-UFC heavyweight Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson was featured in a series of Nike viral ads alongside NFL running back LaDainian Tomlinson in 2008.
News of the endorsement deal comes just days after a viral video leaked of Silva staring into a camera with nothing but a red Nike shirt and a really mean facial expression, which you can view after the jump.
Anderson Silva is now a part of the Nike family. But will it jinx him on fight night?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage