The mixed martial arts (MMA) community came together last Saturday (Dec. 3, 2011) for a special seminar to support the Daniel James Miller Foundation, created to assist UFC middleweight Dan Miller in caring for his son, who was born with autosomal recessive polycystic kidney disease (ARPKD).
ARPKD is a cystic genetic disorder characterized by the presence of multiple fluid-filled cysts resulting in massive enlargement of the kidneys. The disease can also damage the liver, pancreas and, in some rare cases, the heart and brain.
Young Daniel, 2, has already had his kidneys removed and is currently awaiting a transplant.
MMAmania.com was on the scene at AMA Fight Club last weekend to talk to Miller as well as his brother, UFC lightweight contender Jim Miller, and fast-rising 185-pound prospect Chris Weidman, about the overwhelming support from the MMA community.
Every little bit helps.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage