Maybe they thought he was in cahoots with International fugitive Junie Browning?
Believe it or not, this isn't one of my smartass titles -- former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk was actually cuffed and stuffed by machine gun toting cops in the United Kingdom.
As he was being ferried into the area, the car he was traveling in was stopped by a roadblock and armed police swooped on the vehicle. Police had the vehicle on their database as being linked to a local man who they believe to be a key gangland figure.
Sherk thought the car was being subjected to a routine stop until it turned out to involve several carloads of police officers carrying automatic weapons, including Hechler and Koch MP5 machine guns - the UK police do not normally carry guns.
Having remained sat in his passenger seat because he had not understood an instruction to exit the vehicle, Sherk was dragged out by tense officers. They cuffed his hands behind his back and pulled him away where he was none too gently searched before being dumped on the floor.
Rat-tat-tat-tat, tat-tat-tat like that and I never hesitate to put a "Muscle Shark" on his back.
Sherk was on location as part of his mixed martial arts (MMA) seminar tour and apparently was incorrectly linked to a local crime warlord.
He was later released and said to be in "good spirits" following the ordeal.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage