ION TV's "UFC Prelims" special for UFC 140: "Jones vs. Machida" on Dec. 10, 2011, averaged 808,000 viewers, down from the 1.2 million viewers for UFC 139 back on Nov. 19. That's largely because the "Shogun vs. Henderson" event "Prelims" were broadcast on Spike TV.
Starting in 2012, the preliminary card broadcasts will be moving to FUEL TV full time.
The four-fight broadcast from the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, ran the gamut of fight finishes. Igor Pokrajac blasted his way past Krzysztof Soszynski with a 35 second knockout while Constantinos Philippou had his way with Jared Hamman, knocking him out inside the first round.
Also shown was a rear-naked choke submission victory notched by Dennis Hallman over John Makdessi in the first round of their catchweight contest. Finally, Yves Jabouin earned a close split decision over Walel Watson.
"UFC Prelims" for Dec. 10 pulled in ratings of 0.55 in the key males 18-49 and 18-34 demographics.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage