Here is visual evidence that demonstrates it is unwise to get underneath Mark Munoz, who possesses perhaps the most vicious, and effective, ground and pound attack in mixed martial arts (MMA).
"Filipino Wrecking Machine" busted open the "Crippler" in the second round of their UFC 138 main event last night (Nov. 5, 2011), which led to an eventual doctor's stoppage prior to the start of the third frame. It was reported during the Spike TV broadcast that the reason Leben was unable to continue was because he couldn't see.
However, Leben also explained in his post-fight interview:
"Kind of hard to fight when choking on blood."
Check out a .gif (via IronForgesIron.com) of Leben in his corner between rounds, which led to the decision to stop the fight, after the jump:
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage