Just one week after the bantamweight title was defended on free TV, the featherweight championship will be on the line on pay-per-view, as pound-for-pound stalwart Jose Aldo puts his strap up for grabs against former lightweight title challenger Kenny Florian at UFC 136 on Oct. 8 in Houston, Texas.
"All I can guarantee is that I'm going to be very well prepared. I'm probably better prepared than I've ever been in my life. I definitely think Florian has the same strength as a featherweight. I'm definitely going to look to exploit that. I do believe that I'm quicker than Florian. I also think I'm a much more explosive fighter. Quickness and explosiveness are two of my best weapons. I plan to use both of them to my advantage against Florian. Naturally, I like to attack. I like to move forward and that's not going to be any different against Florian. I'm going to go in there and push the pace. Whatever opportunities present themselves, I'm going to take them and finish the fight. I will beat Kenny Florian. I step in the Octagon every time with the goal of walking out a winner."
Anyone think "Ken Flo" has a real chance at upsetting the 145-pound king? Or will "Scarface" take care of business like he always seems to do?
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage