Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the regional circuit...
Former UFC veteran James Irvin returned to action over the weekend, battling the hapless Mike Crisman in the main event of Gladiator Challenge: "Young Guns 4" at the Elko Indian Colony Gym in Elko, Nevada.
"The Sandman," who came into the Jan. 29 bout with a 1-4 record over his last five fights, was unable to get back into the win column after special guest referee Ken Shamrock ruled the bout a no-contest (NC).
"I beat the brakes off this fool...he was sleeping on the ground. Ken Shamrock says I illegally kneed him, so it was a no-contest! I KO'd this guy and walked away before Shamrock even got there, and two minutes later, he says it's a no-contest. It's cool. I don't have a scratch on me, and I'm fighting again in three weeks. That was the luckiest night of that dude's life. [GC Promoter] Tedd Williams says I can rematch [Crisman] in May. Perfect rematch."
Crisman recently snapped a seven-fight losing streak to bring his record to 9-19 and will likely face Irvin again in May to settle their score.
Sorry fight fans, but no word yet from Gladiator Challenge on Shammy's participation in the planned rematch.
Get the latest gear
- 2023 Panini Prizm UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Panini Select UFC Factory Sealed Retail Blaster Box
- Islam Makhachev Walkout Jersey
- UFC Fanatics Single Glove Display Case
- 2022 Panini Donruss Optic Retail Blaster Box
- 2023 Donruss UFC Retail Blaster Box
- Miesha Tate UFC Authentic Plaque
- Brock Lesnar WWE Home Sweet Home Collage