SAN JOSE, Calif. — A special 30 minute episode featuring a collection of the 10 greatest knockouts in Strikeforce mixed martial arts (MMA) history will premiere on NBC Saturday night.
The all-new "Strikeforce on NBC" episode will showcase the handiwork of some of Strikeforce’s most lethal competitors, including reigning world middleweight (185 lb. limit) champion, Cung Le; two-time world MMA champion, Frank Shamrock; and superstars Kazuo "The Grabaka Hitman" Misaki and Duane "Bang" Ludwig.
Le’s classic knockouts of old rivals Mike Altman and Brian "Mr. Unbreakable" Warren will be displayed as will Shamrock’s 21 second decimation of longtime, bitter adversary, Cesar Gracie.
The NBC program consists of the following bouts:
- Cung Le vs. Mike Altman
- Frank Shamrock vs. Cesar Gracie
- Luke Stewart vs. Bryson Kamaka
- Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs. Eugene "The Wolf" Jackson
- Kazuo "The Grabaka Hitman" Misaki vs. Joe "Diesel" Riggs
- Duane "Bang" Ludwig vs. Tony "The Freak" Fryklund
- Terry Martin vs. Cory "The One" Devela
- Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello vs. David "Tank" Abbott
- Paul "The Headhunter" Buentello vs. Carter Williams
- Cung Le vs. Brian "Mr. Unbreakable" Warren
Fans have the opportunity to vote for their favorite knockout in a poll being hosted online at Strikeforce’s official Web site, www.strikeforce.com. Results of the survey will be displayed on the homepage next week.
"Strikeforce on NBC," the first 52-week mixed martial arts series in network television history, airs every Saturday, immediately following NBC’s hit poker tournament series, "Poker After Dark" (check local listings). MMA legend Ken Shamrock and award-winning ESPN announcer, Lon McEachern, co-host each program and provide expert, play-by-play commentary.