The investigation into Quinton "Rampage" Jackson’s arrest last month in California will continue, while the former UFC light heavyweight champion’s arraignment has been postponed.
The news was first reported by Sherdog.com. Other media has been slow to pick up the story.
Jackson, 30, was scheduled for arraignment in Costa Mesa, Calif., on Friday. Police arrested the fighter on several charges on July 15 after a bizarre hit-and-run incident.
Police reports indicate Jackson’s rampage was driving a Ford pick-up, adorned with a photo of himself, that struck other vehicles, jumped medians and swerved onto sidewalks.
It has been reported that a woman suffered a miscarriage after her SUV was struck by Jackson’s truck (although there is no evidence at this time that proves the two are related).
"The district attorney’s office is responsible for filing charges and that case is still under investigation based on some new evidence that has been discovered," Farrah Emami, a spokeswoman for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office, told Sherdog.
Jackson has not been given his next court date. He was released on $25,000 bail only hours after the arrest. The next day he was hospitalized following reports of erratic behavior.
The strange week came in the aftermath of his loss to Forrest Griffin on July 5 at UFC 86 in Las Vegas.
Dana White, UFC president, has said the fighter was living on a diet of energy drinks and water for several days prior to the arrest and hospitalization.
Since then Jackson has split with Juanito Ibarra -- his longtime trainer and fellow born-again Christian.
Jackson appealed his jovial self during a press conference last week during the lead up to UFC 87 in Minneapolis.