I'm a glutton for punishment, but once again we're on the lookout for a few good writers.
Here are all the requirements:
- Can write, understands correct English grammar and requires little to no edits
- Possess a solid understanding of mixed martial arts
- Able to research and mine story ideas independently
- Can stay up-to-speed with the latest developments and turnaround quick copy
- Demonstrate a writing style that engages readers
- Break news with solid contacts or sources (desired ... not required)
That about does it; however, there are several important things that are probably not on that list. We'll blow up that bridge if we get that far.
Consistency is perhaps the biggest factor -- we want writers who are willing to put in the time over the long-term. Not just guys/gals who think it's cool for a month and then bail when they realize the commitment that goes into being part of our team.
To send us an email click here. Please include writing samples or links to previous work. And if you don't have any experience or previous work to show then write something ... impress us. We will not consider submissions that do not have something we can read and/or look at.
If you have any other questions feel free to email us and we'll do our best to get back to you. Don't take it personal if you don't hear from us. Based on the sheer volume of responses we anticipate getting it would be impossible for us to respond to each and every interested candidate.
However, we appreciate that interest and thank everyone in advance who responds to this call.
Important note: If you have a certain promotion or "scene" that you would like to cover please include that in your email. Every little bit helps. With the sport growing so much so too does our need for more talented scribes.