UFC and beer go together like Jenna Jameson and STDs.
It's customary to have a few pops -- usually an excessive amount, actually -- before, during and after big UFC events.
Like anything else, there are drinking games associated with each broadcast -- most of it hinges on the comments of ringside announcers Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan.
Just check out any number of forums and you'll see what I am talking about. But, if you want a headstart, I came across a rather comprehensive thread today on Sherdog.net for UFC 67.
I'm not going to take credit for any of these below. In fact, the author of the post compiled them from other posts himself.
As usual, I'm just here to pass along UFC goodness.
I recommend picking and choosing various phrases -- if you play according to this entire list I'm pretty sure you'll be crunked before Patrick Cote and Scott Smith step foot in the Octagon.
Take a gulp every Time Joe or Mike say:
- "Styles make fights"
- "War of attrition"
- "We all know wrestlers don't like to be on their backs"
- "He's no joke"
- "Brutal elbows"
- "Big right gand"
- "He's rocked!"
- "IT IS AAAAAALLLLLLL OVER"
- "He's going for an Omoplata"
- "In his world now"
Take a couple of gulps when:
- The camera pans to Tim Sylvia in the crowd while watching or talking about Cro Cop
- When Cro Cop's left high kick is mentioned
- Crowd boos
- Randy Couture's return is mentioned
- Matt Hughes or Rich franklin are referred to as former UFC champs
Chug half your beer if:
- Rampage howls
- Joe or Mike say Wow! Anderson Silva knows jiu-jitsu
- Crowd chants USA during Silva or Crocop fights
- Joe says, "He's got it, he's got it DEEP...oh wait he lost it"
Feel free to add to this list.
And, props to the last man/woman standing ... or speaking for that matter when the lights come up at the end of the evening.