Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) flyweight Scott Jorgensen was PISSED after getting submitted by Jussier da Silva on the FOX Sports 1 "Prelims" portion of last month's (March 23, 2014) UFC Fight Night 38 event, which took place inside Ginasio Nelio Dias in Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil.
"Young Guns" called for a rematch after his "bullshit" stoppage.
That's just fine with "Formiga," who said he's an employee of the world's leading mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and doesn't have the luxury of picking and choosing his opponents. That said, he expects to submit Jorgensen (again) if and when they do meet.
From his conversation with MMA Fighting:
"I'm an employee, so of course I'd fight him again. I don't care if I'm fighting him or anyone else. I'm here to fight. I'd fight him in Brazil or in the United States. I believe that, if we go to the ground, I would submit him again. I had a strategy to stand a little with him, but I thought he would have a better ground game, but thank God I was a killer and caught him."
Why all the hullabaloo?
Jorgensen filed an appeal with the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) after his loss, insisting it was an inadvertent headbutt that dropped him and allowed Da Silva to take his back. "Formiga" argues his dome made contact below the chin and there was no foul. I guess there's only one way to settle this.
Where you at, Joe Silva?