Say what you want about Michael Bisping's attitude, but there's no doubt we'd all watch a show with him posing as an FBI agent in the vein of the classic Miami Vice series.
"The Count" expressed his willingness to fight the winner of Chris Weidman vs. Lyoto Machida (which has been postponed until UFC 175 in July), feeling like he's the worthiest contender in the middleweight division.
From his conversation with MMA Junkie:
"Chris Weidman, he's a very worthy champion, he's very, very good. He's got a tough fight on his hands against Lyoto Machida. I think I'm going to lean towards Machida in that fight, if I'm honest. After that, unless they do an immediate rematch, which I don't think they will, it keeps it exciting for the fans, I'm not sure who's next. Obviously, Vitor would have been next, but I don't think he's going to be fighting any time soon."
His comments about Vitor Belfort spark interest among the observers of the sport, because it's something he could have a point about.
"The Phenom" was pulled from his UFC 173 championship bout against Chris Weidman, because testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) had just been banned in Nevada (where the fight was taking place) and he didn't have proper time to prepare for the bout and adjust his levels accordingly -- since it was only three months away.
For those of you who don't know, Belfort was the poster boy for TRT, much like Lenny Kravitz was the poster boy for terrible rock music.
The Brazilian was then subjected to a drug test, in which he participated in, but declined to share the results publicly. When asked about the results, UFC President Dana White said it was either up to Belfort or the commission to display them publicly.
Since Belfort's participation in the fight was already nullified, he opted to keep them to himself. Keep in mind, Belfort has already tested positive for banned substances in the past.
"You know, I am not an FBI agent, but the guy did drug tests in Nevada recently, and all of a sudden, he's not fighting for the title anymore. You know, hmm ... put the pieces together. Anyway, let's not dwell upon that, the whole TRT thing -- it's been, it's gone, it's done, it's dusted."
It's understandable the Englishman feels a bit distraught on the whole subject, since he was a victim of the "TRT Vitor era," in which Belfort blasted his head right off his shoulders at UFC on FX 7 last year.
Regardless of who says what, the former title challenger was apparently promised the winner of Weidman vs. Machida at UFC 175.
But, will Belfort be able to continue his fighting career accordingly?
"The Count" has his hands full with trash-talking Tim Kennedy at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF): "Nations" Finale on April 16, in Quebec City, Quebec. If he gets past the United States Army veteran in the main event, he makes a case to be considered as the next challenger to face the winner of the championship bout in July.
The Manchester-based fighter has been competing under UFC since 2006, but has yet to earn a title shot with the promotion. His UFC record stands at 14-5.
But did he forget about Ronaldo Souza?
"Jacare" is on a six-fight winning streak, and he's even ranked above Bisping on UFC's official ranking list, if that means anything at all. Plus, the Brazilian has already expressed interest in facing the winner of Bisping vs. Kennedy, already making himself available to fight either of those competitors.
Stay tuned for those developments as they unfold.
With that being said, things are getting quite saucy at 185 pounds right now.