10 out of 12 decisions in one card? Unambig fucking winning his second event in one season and is actually contending after seven events? Faber getting KTFO? If this event had not happened and you tell me these things, I would fucking tell it to your face that you're crazy! But hey MMA and our Mania1 camp are both a crazy bunch! I won't say much as I have not seen any UFC event since Mark Hunt and Big Foot duked it out down under!
UFC 169 QUICK RESULTS:
UFC Bantamweight Champion Renan Barao def. Urijah Faber by TKO (punches) at 3:22 of Round One
UFC Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo def. Ricardo Lamas by unanimous decision (49-46 x3)
Alistair Overeem def. Frank Mir by unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
Ali Bagautinov def. John Lineker by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Abel Trujillo def. Jamie Varner by KO (punch) at 2:32 of Round Two
Alan Patrick def. John Makdessi by unanimous decision: (29-28 x2, 30-27)
Chris Cariaso def. Danny Martinez by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Nick Catone def. Tom Watson by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
Al Iaquinta def. Kevin Lee by unanimous decision (29-28 x2, 28-27)
Clint Hester def. Andy Enz by unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 30-26)
Rashid Magomedov def. Tony Martin by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Neil Magny def. Gasan Umalatov by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27 x2)
- 11 people in our camp got their scores smashed to ZERO after Barao KTFO Faber (of course not without controversy)
- ZERO people trusted the mohawk-mullet of Lamas to actually win a round against Aldo. What's disappointing is that Lamas did not seem to get the memo that he was supposed to be KOed in the first round.
- SOMEONE picked Francisco Murr to demolish the Dutch steroid-man. Your best guess is as good as mine on who that fucker is. But what do we know about SHIT PICKERS? KASHACOUS thought Overroids would gas and be KOed in the third.
- 10 people took on a weighty risk and picked Lineker who can't seem to get his weight down. He will definitely be "cut" after this latest hullabaloo.
- In the closest fight that divided the camp 26-21, Jamie Varner notched 26 Maniacs support and then get KTFO after a wild brawl giving the 21 Maniacs ( 45%) a nice 7 or 11 points served in highlight-reel fashion.
- 15 people picked Nuguette and 17 people picked Catone.
- 6 people picked Tank Mode Enz and he almost pulled off a submission upset over Iaquinta.
- 10 people picked Martin, 15 people picked Magny and 8 people picked Danny Martinez.
EVENT WINNER: UNAMBIG - 99 POINTS
- Our unshaved-loving Canadian top notched this event with an impressive score of 99 points.
- He went 10/12 correct picks with perfect scores on 6 fights (Bagautinov, Trujillo, Patrick, Iaquinta, Magomedov and Cariaso)
- He was #8 out of 1551 in PG with this hairy performance.
KASHACOUS: 40 POINTS
- 40 for a shit-picker is actually a high score to be called such but Kash takes this award this event.
- Went 6/12 correct picks and he was the only one to pick Mir to KO Overrem in the third. Please post your selfie to be photoshopped by Oilcheck and company.
EVENT WINNERS so far:
Week 1: DoctorMMA
Week 2: PabloXL
Week 3: kg12
Week 4: unambig
Week 5: MMA_Boss
Week 6: dildon
Week 7: unambig
Week 8: ????
Week 9: ????
Week 10: ????
The Standings After Seven Events:
MMAPlayground Season 18: The Big Tebowski
7 / 10 events complete