Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey recently (Aug. 6, 2013) took part in "Google Hangout" with FOX Sports to discuss her time filming The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 and pretty much all things mixed martial arts (MMA).
Hosted by FOX Sports' Mike Chiappetta, Megan Olivi and The Telegraph's Gareth E. Davies, the chat covered a bevy of topics, including "Rowdy's" rivalry with Miesha Tate and Bryan Caraway, her portrayal on TUF, her reaction to Anderson Silva's loss to Chris Weidman at UFC 162 and much, much more.
Highlights include, but are not limited to:
- TUF Producers tried to spring things to get reaction out of her and her portrayal on the show won't make her look good.
- Contract issues made her think she was going to be replaced by Miesha Tate on TUF 18.
- How she'll manage to get training in while filming "Expendables 3" (more on that here).
- Labels Tate a "Dojo hopper."
- She -- along with everyone else -- really doesn't like Bryan Caraway.
- Hopes fans talk about women's division like the heavyweight's and welterweight's.
- She purposely weighed more for her Maxim photo shoot than her ESPN "The Body" shot (more on that here and here).
- Likes the responsibility and perks of being the face of women's MMA such as getting a better car and house.
- "Cupcake" is the "second toughest chick in the world."
- Gina Carano didn't know who she was the first time they met and would be open to a fight with her despite her massive respect for her.
Rousey will next defend her title against Tate at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada, which will serve as the co-main event to the much-anticipated rematch between current UFC Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva.
TUF 18 debuts on Weds., Sept. 4, 2013, at 10 p.m. ET on FOX Sports, following the conclusion of UFC Fight Night: "Teixeira vs. Bader."
In the meantime, you can get a sneak peak right here.