This is an event where the Brazilians are given squashes to crush and some of them delivered. It was also an event of surprises as there were things that surprised us: (1) Aldo was his uncharacteristic self preferring to wrestle and wall and clinch in the 3rd and 4th round; (2) KZ not totally living up to his moniker instead preferring to play the plant against the zombie; (3) Phil Davis shaking the 205 division and Machida bitten in the ass by the judges and his counter-punching salvo; (4) Vinny fucked up those who picked him by playing Peewee Herman's silhouette; (5) Lastly, this Edinaldo Oliviera is hopelessly stupid for a fighter towering like Stefan Struve, who by the way has his own boo-boos.
In our own money pool, the end is nearing with just two more events to conclude this season. This event, PHASEBOOK hit the jackpot and takes home $20 as he topbilled the camp with an event-high 88 points. However, the performance was not enough to topple the pugilistic and tough SOB from the land down under SWIFTMAN out of the top spot. A new name is in the top third tabernacle as MMA BOSS showed who is the "boss" in this camp. To be frank though and statistically speaking, the THIRD SPOT is where the battle is neck to neck with SANABRIAMAN, OILCHECK, KG12, KIMURAALLOVERURFACE, PRIDE, VIOLENTMIKE and JIDO7 have all chances to be crowned.
UFC 163 QUICK RESULTS:
Phil Davis vs. Lyoto Machida -- Davis wins via unanimous decision (29-28x3)
Cezar Ferreira vs. Thiago Santos -- Ferreira wins via submission (guillotine) at 0:47 of round one
Thales Leites vs. Tom Watson -- Leites wins via unanimous decision (30-27x3)
John Lineker vs. Jose Maria Tome -- Lineker wins via TKO (punches) at 1:03 of round two
Vinny Magalhaes vs. Anthony Perosh -- Perosh wins via knockout (punches) at 0:14 of round one
Sheila Gaff vs. Amanda Nunes -- Nunes wins via TKO (elbows) at 2:08 of round one
Neil Magny vs. Sergio Moraes -- Moraes wins via submission (mounted triangle) at 3:13 of round one
Ian McCall vs. Iliarde Santos -- McCall wins via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)
Josh Clopton vs. Rani Yahya -- Yahya wins via unanimous decision (29-28x3)
Francimar Barroso vs. Ednaldo Oliveira -- Barroso wins via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)
Viscardi Andrade vs. Bristol Marunde -- Andrade wins via TKO (strikes) at 1:36 of round one
MANIA1 CAMP: (I WILL UPDATE THE WHO'S WHO PICKS LATER)
- ONLY ONE PERSON PICKED THE KOREAN ZOMBIE. WHO WAS IT? BE MY GUEST --
- In a very close picking divide in the camp, 25 people (51%) picked Neil Magny as against 24 people (49%) that picked Sergio Moraes. In the end, the Brazilian exhibited his two-time world champion-caliber jiu jiutsu and he made the American TUFer to tap in the first.
- ONLY ONE MFer PICKED THE HIPPO. This one has the makings of 1 vs 100 and the fucking ONE won. Who was it?
- THREE PEOPLE picked Phil Davis to slay the 46 people's (94%) Dragon. Davis' reach, athleticism, and unpredictability, couple with Machida's safe counterpunching strategy and judges having ridiculously low MMA IQ determined the outcome of this fight.
- 26 PEOPLE (55%) picked Thales Leites to lay a beatdown on Kong Watson who was picked by 21 PEOPLE (45%). Leites has a fucking chin man and the beatdown he gave to Kong was brutal, considering he has been out for a while.
- SEVEN PEOPLE still had faith in the German Tank after being KOed in her debut fight in the UFC. Come on son. Against a 145er female fighter? a knock out artist? a finisher? and in Brazil? No chance.
- NO ONE was GENTLEMAN enough to go against Rani "Mr. Coaster" Yahya.
- SEVEN PEOPLE picked Bristol Marunde. This is a fight where you just have to pick the hometown boy.
- ONE MANIAC picked Iliarde Santos. Figured it out?
- ONLY 17 PEOPLE (35%) picked Barroso to beat Lula. I have never seen someone having the win in his hand and gave it away by walking away and standing up instead of going for the finish. I thought Jorge Gurgel was at the bottom of the pyramid, fuck, I have never met Lula then.
- 12 PEOPLE (24%) believed Adrian's quick and dirty and picked Tome to beat John Lineker. You've been unambig'ed.
- 7 PEOPLE picked Thiago Santos against Mutante. Wrong move. This is a squash match and your picking skills will be questioned if you pciked Santos on this one.
FIRST PLACE: PHASEBOOK - 88 POINTS
- Scored an event-high 88 points. Went 9/12 correct picks with perfect scores on Moraes, Leites, Nunes, Yahya, and McCall.
- First time to have won an event. Thus guaranteed a spot on the 11th Season of the Money Pool
- #21 out of 1712 in PG
SECOND PLACE: SWIFTMAN - 86 POINTS
- Placed second this event scoring 86 points. Went 9/12 correct picks and perfect points for Moraes, Leites, Nunes and McCall.
- #25 out of 1712 in PG
THIRD PLACE: DONNMCSLICK - 82 POINTS
- Scored a third-place worthy performance of 82 points. Went 9/12 correct picks with perfect scores on Leites, Yahya and McCall.
- First time to ever appear on the top three. Only top three he has been appearing was on the shit-picker's list.
- #48 out of 1712 in PG
THE SCORES FOR EVENT 8
CAMP STANDINGS AFTER EIGHT (8) EVENTS:
- SWIFTMAN still leads the pack with 635 POINTS.
- PHASEBOOK is still second with 632 POINTS.
- MMA_BOSS climbed up the rankings and is now third with 570 POINTS.
- SANABRIAMAN, OILCHECK, KG12, PRIDE, JIDO7, VIOLENTMIKE and KIMURAALLOVERURFACE are still in contention, realistically and statistically.
- JOBEN and PABLOXL went up 5 notches.
- SHIVAN TIGER went down 4 notches.
- SKLART went up 7 notches.
- DONNMCSLICK went up 8 notches.
- RICKY DOOBY went down 5 notches.
- BNF went down 6 notches.
- CHRISTHOPCLEUS is the biggest loser of 15 notches down.
|MMAPlayground Season 16: Another Dimension
8 / 10 events complete
- Event 1: Trip Pilch - 88 points
- Event 2: Jido7 - 121 points
- Event 3: MMA Boss - 95 points
- Event 4: Ella - 92 points
- Event 5: kg12 - 77 points
- Event 6: kimuraalloverurface - 84 points
- Event 7: kg 12 - 103 points
- Event 8: Phasebook - 88 points
JUST FOR SOME CAMP BRAGGING RIGHTS....I KNOW WE CAN TAKE 1 and 2 ON THIS ONE.....
|MMAPlayground Season 16: Another Dimension
8 / 10 events complete
|Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... "|
|1||637||Card||Canadian Power Team|
TWO MORE EVENTS. Who has what it takes to be the "MAN?" Who wants it more? Who will be carved in the Scottidog Trophy?
BY THE WAY, just in case you're interested to join NEXT SEASON's MONEY POOL, please read these posts and familiarize yourself of the rules:
There will be a separate post but please as early as now, let us know if you're joining.