On Saturday Night (August 17, 2013), the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) made their debut on Fox Sports 1 with one of the best cards of the year. Stacked from top to bottom, UFC Fight Night 26 was the UFC's best card that they've ever offered on free television.
Following the milestone event's post-fight press conference, UFC President Dana White spoke with attending media in an unofficial scrum to discuss a variety of topics.
- Uriah Hall and his future in the UFC. White was very blunt and doesn't believe that Hall has what it mentally takes to compete in the UFC's middleweight division, though he stopped short of saying that he'd be cut for his performance.
- Hall wasn't the only fighter whose future was discussed, as Alistair Overeem's future with the promotion is also in jeopardy. White again couldn't commit, but said that they need to go back and reevaluate his place in the promotion.
- Media rankings and what they mean for future UFC match making.
- Nick Diaz' future.
- The sportsmanship displayed in fights vs the constant hugs and high fives displayed in the Hall vs John Howard fight.
- International expansion in China.
Highlights, videos, reactions and more from the night can be unearthed in our live story stream by clicking here.