Welcome, Maniacs, to the fiftieth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
At MW, Belfort would catch Rashad in a flying TRT and send him into retirement.
At LHW, Vitor would give Rashad a TUE from the top rope and damage him permanently.
- Spit IX
- Article of the week: Andrew Richardson had a downright beautiful breakdown of Anderson Silva in one of his most extensive articles ever. Seriously go check it out. You won't be disappointed.
- Statistic of the Week: She may not have fought in several years, but Gina Carano can still put butts in seats. In fact, despite Anderson Silva fighting this weekend, our top article was about Carano getting dumped by Superman for the Big Bang Theory chick.
- Verbal Submission podcast: We meant to have an episode this week but had serious technical difficulties at the beginning of the show with serious echoes. I still ended up interviewing Leslie Smith, but it didn't take place on air and I ended up scrapping the episode.
Don't worry though, because we're not giving up just yet. Next week's episode will take place on Wednesday at 9 p.m. so as not to interfere with the new episode of Fight Master.
- Fanpost of the week: It wasn't dirty this week, but unambig's UFC 162 preview was top notch. Give it a looksie if you haven't already.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the Week: Big props to Notorious G.I.B. for reminding us that TUF wasn't always bad.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: I thought Joelsy's comment on the death of martial arts icon Jim Kelly was pretty humorous. It certainly would be a good way to go.
In the movie he nailed 5 girls the night before he died.
Hope he was able to go in a similar fashion
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed it, I had a pretty informative conversation with upcoming UFC 162 main card fighter Tim Boetsch. Go check it out if you haven't already. (Many more coming next week)
- Video of the Week: This chick on the bottom has brilliant technique.
- Burn of the Week #1: This first one goes to TFK of all people for putting jdmahurin's humble-bragging to shame.
well i can only play 5 different instruments...
so i'll take your sage advice. thank you so much
And those 5 instruments are.....
The Hairy Bagpipes, the Male Organ, The Skin Flute, The Rusty Trombone and The Sausage Clarinet.
- Burn of the Week #2: Number two goes to Plainview for his burn on the entire Gracie family:
How long ago was that fight?
Well when you're a Gracie it's basically tradition to live in the past
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: George Halvatzis Jr. sure is opinionated when it comes to giving out round scores different than the usual 10-9..
Weidman/Munoz was a 10-0 first round. You should not be given the slightest chance of winning a decision when you had such a miserable round— George Halvatzis Jr. (@G_H_2) July 2, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: In the spirit of yesterday's holiday.
Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - Not your typical good guy award, but this one goes to jay. for taking a stand and calling for moderation after someone wrote a ridiculous fanpost and didn't deserve to stick around.
Somebody ban this fucking retarded kid before I have to kill him
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This week, we're talking something completely random.
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.