Welcome, Maniacs, to the fifty-third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
This should be the co main event on the Down syndrome vs Autistic kid card.
- Article of the week: I was a big fan of Adrian MacNair's history piece on Sherlock Holmes and the lost art of Bartitsu at the turn of the 20th century. Great stuff.
- Statistic of the Week: It appears that you don't have to be a UFC female fighter to draw attention. One of our most popular articles this week was former Invicta atomweight champion Jessica Penne's bikini photoshoot. Not bad for 30.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: Okay, I may not have hosted a show on Wednesday, but I still did my weekly Sunday episode and we had some really cool interviews (which were all featured on Mania this week) with Vitaly Minakov, David Rickels and John Albert.
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Fanpost of the week: I really liked koshlap's Layman's take on Greg Jackson. If you missed this one, give it a look. I think you'll be impressed.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the Week: C.J. Tuttle also did a great job with his in depth article All-in on Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Nothing crazy, but I found Glamis' response to a typo pretty humorous.
Damn, I hope Pettis plasters Hendo.
He would make a much more exciting champ. He might actually finish a damn fight every now and then.
hendo hasnt been 155lbs since middle school....
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed it, I had a pretty awesome interview with upcoming UFC on Fox 8 fighter Julie Kedzie, talking everything from her history in the sport to her upcoming bout against Germaine De Randamie.
- Video of the Week: Landsberg, Sonnen and Sheik, oh my!
- Burn of the Week: I know it's a bit more than a week old, but by god, this was a genius burn on UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre by HitokiriX.
After this I expect GSP to play it even safer with his remaining fights.
To play it any safer GSP would have to start wearing condoms during his matches
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter.
Here's our honorary #MMAmania Tweet of the Week: George Halvatzis Jr. gets the honors this week for pointing out the weakness of tomorrow night's main card:
Is it bad that I had no idea Liz Carmouche was fighting this weekend? Or that I think that there is no way she should be on the main card?— George Halvatzis Jr. (@G_H_2) July 24, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Sooooo close, yet so far away
Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - I really thought A.K. went above and beyond with his wonderful comment at the top of the article about the suspected kidnapper/killer of his sister finally being arrested this week.
I hope the bad guys are all brought to justice.
I can't fathom what this would be like, and wouldnt wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy. If one of my loved ones was kidnapped and disappeared, theres no way i'd be able to do anything other than focus on finding and putting down the sucmbags responsible.
say what you want about belfort, but he at least is able to lead a positive life after something like this. I cant say i'd be able to do the same.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This time, we're looking to the future.
Do you think the flyweight division will ever be a big pay-per-view seller?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.