Are you going to be in Las Vegas, Nevada, this Fourth of July weekend?
Well, you're in luck because Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will be out in full force and is ready to show you a good time as the organization, along with FOX Sports 1, presents the second annual fight week and Fan Expo 2013.
All the action kicks off on Weds., July 3, 2013, with UFC Community Day and culminates with one of the biggest pay-per-view (PPV) cards of the year when the promotion presents UFC 162: "Silva vs. Weidman" live from MGM Grand Garden Arena, which features a championship fight between current UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva against Chris Weidman, on Sat., July 6, 2013.
But, before "The Spider" and "All American" square off inside the Octagon, "Sin City" will be buzzing with energy and excitement with a bevy of fun-filled activities and concerts in which mixed martial arts (MMA) fans can participate, including several meet-and-greet opportunities.
In fact, UFC Fan Expo will make more than 50 of your favorite fighters and MMA personalities available at Mandalay Bay for autograph and photo opportunities from July 5 to 6. Just a few of the notable fighters scheduled to appear include UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre, UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones, UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, Heavyweight kingpin Cain Velasquez and Lightweight champ Benson Henderson, as well as former champions Chuck Liddell, B.J. Penn and Carlos Condit, among many more.
For a complete list of fighters click here.
If that's not enough, fans will also have the opportunity to attend training and development seminars with their favorite athletes such as the aforementioned Penn and Liddell, Dominick Cruz and Rener and Ryron Gracie. Phil Davis and Urijah Faber will also be on hand to present the first-ever MMA Draft Combine.
Plus, UFC President Dana White, Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg, Jay Glazer, Bruce Buffer and Chael Sonnen will be on hand for Q and A sessions. Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar will also be the latest fighters to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.
Of course, there will also be hundreds of exhibitors on hand to display their latest products, clothing apparel, collectibles and equipment for fans to purchase.
Tickets for the UFC Fan Expo will cost $40 for Fri., July 5, $45 for Sat., July 6, or you can buy a two-day pass for only $60.
UFC 162 International Fight Week Schedule of Events:
Weds., July 3
UFC Community Day
- UFC fighters will participate in events to support local Las Vegas charities
Thurs., July 4
- Meet-and-greets and autograph signings with UFC fighters at select locations at Fremont Street Experience at Golden Nugget Las Vegas, The D Las Vegas, Golden Gate Casino, El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- Free Three Days Grace Concert at Fremont Street Experience, presented by Bud Light
Fri., July 5
- UFC Fan Expo from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mandalay Bay
- Autograph and Q&A sessions, meet-and-greets, grappling tournaments, seminars, UFC FIT demonstrations, more than 150 exhibitors and more
- UFC 162 Weigh-Ins at 4 p.m. at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- UFC Exclusive Party at Lagasse's Stadium at The Palazzo Las Vegas at 8 p.m.
- UFC party for fans with DJ, food, beverages and special appearances by UFC fighters
- Tuff-N-Uff: Future Stars of MMA Tournament at South Point Casino
Sat., July 6
- UFC Fan Expo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Mandalay Bay
- UFC 162: "Silva vs. Weidman" from the MGM Grand Garden Arena
See you in Las Vegas!