Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-ninth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: Props to Plainview for his perfect response in regards to a certain former UFC welterweight champion and leftover lasagna.
Weidman ate Serra's leftover lasagna
There's no such thing as "Matt Serra's leftover lasagna".
- Article of the week: If you haven't seen the article about two days behind the scenes with Nick Diaz's WAR MMApromotional debut, this is must see stuff.
- Statistic of the Week: The article revealing that Miesha Tate will pose nude for the upcoming July "Body Issue" of ESPN magazine was our most popular MMA-related article this week. I am STUNNED by this revelation. Straight up flabbergasted.
- Fanpost of the Week: Big props to jdmahurin for his genius article about why Dan Henderson is 10x the man that GSP is (with a surprise hidden meaning).
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Great job by drain documenting Matt Mitrione and Brendan Schaub's war of words on Twitter from earlier this week.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: HitokiriX lands this spot for perfectly describing how Nick Diaz would want his WAR MMA ring girls to count rounds as they circle the cage.
The ring girls don't have signs, haha.
They are holding fingers up.
I'm sure they use their middle fingers for round 1
and double it up for round 2
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed it, I had a pretty informative conversation with one Quinton "Rampage" Jackson about all the new stuff going on since he signed with Bellator.
But that's not all. I also spoke with upcoming UFC 162 fighter Mike Pierce. Last but not least, I spoke with Glory and Spike executives about the new television deal..
- Video of the Week: Never one to turn down some MMA Candy.
Matt Mitrione: Don't count on seeing @BrendanSchaub on the Maury Povich show anytime soon. Cuz after we fight next month, he'll know exactly who his dad is
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: George Halvatzis Jr. had a pretty humorous response to someone posting a video of a comedian getting punched on stage iby an audience member n the middle of his act.
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Now that's an ass I can get behind!
Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - I thought lorgbb brought it home with his positive reinforcement of one of the week's most well-written fanposts. Great job!
All arguments are invalid until you have 2k posts, so just ignore me.
Really though, excellent, informative post. I never took the time to really look into the details.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This week, we're talking something completely random.
After seeing two weeks of episodes, does the new Fight Master show on Spike TV have a chance or will it bomb?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.