Believe it or not, we're one-third through the 2013 mixed martial arts (MMA) season, with the sport's leading promotion, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), staging 11 events to date.
That's an average of 2.75 UFC events per month, whether on pay-per-view (PPV), network television (FOX) or extended cable (FX and FUEL TV).
Currently, we're in the midst of a two-week break in action with UFC 159: "Jones vs. Sonnen" in the rear-view mirror and UFC on FX 8: "Belfort vs. Rockhold" on the horizon. And that momentary MMA pause apparently means it's time discuss the "incredible Octagon upsets" that have occurred thus far in 2013.
Indeed, UFC recently put together its Top 10 list of upsets, which we have posted below for your irrational review, half-digested consumption and fiery feedback.
Check it out:
10. Mark Hunt defeats Stefan Struve at UFC on Fuel TV 8
9. Wanderlei Silva defeats Brian Stann via knockout at UFC on Fuel TV 8
8. Pat Healy defeats Jim Miller via submission at UFC 159
7. Josh Thomson defeats Nate Diaz via technical knockout at UFC on Fox 7
6. Cat Zingano defeats Miesha Tate via technical knockout at The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 17 Finale
5. Kelvin Gastelum defeats Uriah Hall via decision at TUF 17 Finale
4. Robbie Lawler defeats Josh Koscheck via technical knockout at UFC 157
3. Tom Watson defeats Stanislav Nedkov via technical knockout UFC on Fuel TV 7
2. Bobby Green defeats Jacob Volkmann via submission at UFC 156
1. Antonio Silva defeats Alistair Overeem via knockout at UFC 156
In case we're still keeping score, if this "official" list is any indication, UFC 156, UFC on Fuel TV 8 and TUF 17 Finale -- all of which comprised 60 percent of the upsets -- featured the most surprising results. Regardless of your thoughts on the order of this list, most MMA fans would be hard-pressed to find three better events, sans perhaps UFC on Fox 7, of 2013.
And it's impossible to argue that the destruction of "Demolition Man" at the oversized hands of "Bigfoot" was the most jaw-dropping MMA moment of the year so far. It's a hard one to top.