Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-second edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
Funniest thing if this happens would be watching all the Weidman fanboys claiming he'd be ducking him by fighting Jones haha
- Article of the week: The last thing we wanted after the ridiculous waste of time that was Chael Sonnen's light heavyweight title shot was another long layoff for champion Jon Jones. Thankfully, one of his doctor's believes the champ will be back to fighting form in only 6-8 weeks. Not bad considering how bad the injury looked at the time.
- Statistic of the Week: You guys just love your injuries. Over half of our most popular articles this week concerned Jon Jones' dislocated/broken toe and any updates on it. Of course, you loved the initial photo of the toe, the gif of the break, everything. Sick bastards.
- Fanpost of the Week: Great post by unambig with his UFC 159 Report Card, as expected..
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: I thought Koshlap's Hijinx in Jersey post was nearly equally interesting. Hell, there were plenty of other colorful words to descrube that ridiculous event.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Jon Jones' disgusting toe injury was a gruesome sight last weekend, but that didn't stop biggerLebowski from coming up with this solid one-liner..
Jones missed a golden opportunity
When rogan asked how his foot was, he could've pulled a Tyrone biggums from Chappelle show and said "my feet are strong"
- Interview of the Week: My big interview this week was with Sports Lab coach Phil Claud talking Pat Healy's huge win over Jim Miller last Saturday night. Lots of interesting info there if you didn't see already..
But that's not all. We also have an interview with UFC on FX 8 fighter Rafael dos Anjos. Go check it out if you haven't already..
- Video of the Week: Only thing that would make this perfect is if there was less talking and more stripping.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: This time around, our winner is Jesse Holland, who had a perfect view of Roy Nelson's post-fight celebration:
Seriously the cage just buckled twitter.com/Jesse_Holland/…— Jesse Holland (@Jesse_Holland) April 28, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: God bless hula hoops
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This one goes to everyone who gave newly joined Aussie Maniac Doomsday_ a warm welcome in his introduction fanpost. Go wish him the best if you haven't already.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This isn't as much a debate as it is just a question:
How will you be spending the next two major MMA eventless weekends?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.