Brown Pride - Cigano III
57 Left standing, who will have the guts, the will and the discipline to take home the most coveted Scott "Scottidog" Shrive Money Pool Trophy?
Destiny just booked Cain and JDS for their third fight as they handled their opponents during UFC 160. Cain took less than 2 minutes to dispatch Big Foot while JDS showed his improved striking foot work and over-all MMA game in KOing Mark Hunt. The night was a bad one for the Kiwis as Glover Texeira also went up the LHW ladder by subbing the resurging James Te Huna. Donald Cerrone rudely welcomed KJ Noons in the Octagon and a new contender emerged in the LW division as TJ Grant viciously dispatched Gray Maynard with a lethal offensive Muay-Thai serving.
In our own money pool, MMA Boss showed the Mania1 camp who is the boss as he scored an event high and PG-front page performance of 95 points. He also entered the top 10 with that performance. Currently, pre-pubescent SanabriaMan is leading the pack and close behind are kimuraalloverurface, Phasebook and Jido7. The battle for the top 3 is close and no one is safe to say he is winning this shit.
Enough of the talking.
MANIA 1 CAMP:
- NO ONE in the camp picked Big Foot. Enough said of the MMA intelligence of this camp.
- ONLY 16 PEOPLE (29%) picked TJ Grant to win over Gray Maynard. Frankly, this was brave and bold pick for these 16 people as Gray is a phenomenal wrestler (well, turned out, he won't be using it) and TJ has struggled in the past with wrestlers. But, as we all saw, TJ murdered Gray and announced himself in the contendership to Benson Henderson's belt.
- ONLY 12 PEOPLE (22%) picked TUF Smashes winner Robert Whitaker to win against the grinding pressure of TUF Winner Colton Smith. Whitaker employed a Thomas Hearns style of stance and seemed to have Colton unable to take him down and was forced to play the striking game that led to his downfall.
- THERE ARE 11 PEOPLE (20%) who picked Nah Shon Burrell to beat Wonderboy. Unfortunately for Burrel, the overweight factor did not go his way because (1) he ain't fighting a Blackzilian and (2) he has no answer for Wonderboy's kicks.
- DILDON, SCARNON, PABLOXL, JELLY_BELLY and THEPRIDE formed the Magnificent 5 that picked Mark Hunt to win against JDS.
- DONNMCSLICK, ROY1, JORGEHERNANDEZ3, and FREENOW82 were the only four (4) in the camp that picked KJ Noons to beat Cowboy. KJ is a good kickboxer but he was immediately fed to the wolves.
- DONNMCSLICK, JELLY-BELLY, ELLA and MURPH0706 were the four (4) that picked Killa to beat the Russian Khabib. Unfortunately, Khabb's sambo is too much for Abel here.
- AFROTIKIMAN, DOCTORMMA, DONNMCSLICK, PHINSALLDAY, and DALESDEADBUG were the five (5) that picked Estevan Payan against the power of Jeremy Stephens. Jeremy has incorporated wrestling iinto his MMA game now and he looked to be too much for the former Strikeforce fighter.
- BITEMYJACKET, SCARNON, JOBEN and GOLDMOUTH boldly picked Te Huna to put a halt to the Glover train. Unfortunately for the Kiwi, Glover is too good in the ground.
- BIGGCASTLE, JORGEHERNANDEZ3, RICKY DOOBY, LETSTALKMMA, VIOLENTMIKE and THEPRIDE all took a gamble and went against the majority by them picking Roop to beat Bowles. The gamble paid off and they all won points.
- DILDON, SCARNON, TAPSNAPORBONS, PHINSALLDAY< ELLA< RICKYDOOBY and SKLART all picked Max Holloway against Dennis Burmedez. An argment could be made here that the Hawaiian might have won the fight.
- BIGGER LEBOWSKI, BIGGCASTLE, DOCTORMMA, RGIII, PHINSALLDAY, ROLANDANDO, RICKY DOOBY, and MMA BOSS were the only eight (8) who picked Mike Pyle against Rick Story. I don't know how these 8 are feeling taking the points considering that Pyle may have lost that fight.
1ST PLACE: MMA BOSS - 95 POINTS
- Scored an event-high of 95 points
- Went 10/12 correct picks
- Perfect scores for Bermudez, Stephens, Khabib, Cerrone and Velasquez
- Event Rank of #3 out of 1954 in PG
- Guaranteed a spot in Season 11 of the Mania Money Pool
- Impressive performance and gets a lead over VM in Bons' bracket
2ND PLACE (1): RICKY DOOBY - 82 POINTS
- Scored 82 points
- Tied with Rolandando for second place
- Went 11/12 correct picks
- Perfect points for Cerrone, Stephens and Cain
- Event rank of #37 out of 1954 in PG
- Gets a comfortable lead over Snake_Pliskan in Bons' bracket and gets an event from VM and Rilly
2ND PLACE (1A): ROLANDANDO - 82 POINTS
- Scored 82 points
- Went 9/12 correct picks
- Perfect picks on Cain, Cerrone, Khabib, and Stephens
- #37 out of 1954 ranking in PG
THE SCORES FOR EVENT 3:
MANIA1 CAMP RANKINGS AFTER THREE (3) EVENTS:
- Sanabriaman still leads the pack with his 258 points.
- kimuraalloverurface is still number two just trailing by 6 points.
- Phasebook and Jido7 are now tied at third with swiftman falling one place.
- MMA Boss went up 13 notches in the standings with his event-high scoring and he rounded up the top 5.
- Rolandando went up 15 notches
- ricky dooby went up 14 notches.
- biggant went up 12 notches
- letstalkmma went up 10 notches.
- RGIII went up 9 notches
- The biggest loser this event is donkeypunch81 who went down 19 notches.
- Second biggest loser is sepenoob who went down 17 notches.
- Commish Joben went down 9 notches
- afrotikiman and MixedMartialFarts went down 8 notches
- Shivan Tiger, JorgeHernandez3, scarnon, dildon and murph0706 went down by 7 notches.
|MMAPlayground Season 16: Another Dimension
3 / 10 events complete
There you go Maniacs. Have it your way. Who you got? Werdum or Big Nog? Do you think this fourth event will shake the rankings?