Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-fifth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
Waylon "It Burns Down" Lowe!
- Article of the week: This week's best article is something we don't give enough credit to, Jesse Holland's History in the Making series. His feature on Cain Velasquez's MMA debut was rock solid if you haven't checked it out.
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Statistic of the Week: Whether it was a bunch of tech nerds, or you guys are just really interested in X-Box, our big traffic boost this week came from the X-Box One reveal conference. Now the real question is, were you impressed or disappointed like much of the gaming community?
- Fanpost of the Week: Great work by unambig as per usual with his UFC 160 quick and dirty preview.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: I'm a huge closet Game of Thrones mark, so Tazer2340's recaps have been a welcome addition to our weekly fanposts. Let's give him some love.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Congratulations to naturalshadow, for his tremendous burn on everyone's favorite bantamweight, Bryan Caraway.
Id like to see these two (Nate Diaz and Bryan Caraway) fight
I would too, but they are 2 weight classes apart.
3 if Nate goes to 170. Caraway fights in the same weight class as his girlfriend, which has to make him feel about as manly as Richard Simmons.
- Interview of the Week: My big interview this week was with former WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber, talking all his big projects and his upcoming fighting future.
- Video of the Week: Can't go wrong with a bikini photo shoot for UFC models.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Fuck it, the rest of the guys weren't that active this week and I thought I had a funny tweet about my experience at North America's largest rock festival this weekend. I'm giving the award to myself.
Also saw about 37 boobs. Today was a good day. #RockOnTheRange— Brian Hemminger (@BrianHemminger) May 20, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Burn of the Week - I only post these if someone nominates one, but this one was pretty vicious. Nothing like Str8_right destroying someone who's banned and can't defend themselves.
Motmaire is also a pedo
dunno, but his comic sucked grown man dick
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Women were made to jiggle.
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This goes to everyone involved in Plainview's article about his home being destroyed. It's a trying time for one of our Maniacs, so go follow everyone's lead and send him some positive vibes. CowboyFromHell was a good example:
Keep your head up man.
I'm from Bama so I know what you are going through. It takes a long time before everything gets back to normal. Glad to hear you made it though.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate:
With so many complaining about Silva-Velasquez 2, what is your ideal UFC heavyweight title fight?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.