WOW! Vitor Belfort is on a tear, ladies and gentlemen, knocking out contenders left and right. 35 people and I, in the camp, believed Luke would have more on his arsenal and will be able to handle the pressure of the TRT-fueled arms and kicks of the Phenom, but alas, Vitor has shown that at 36 years old, there's still a lot of highlight reel KOs left of him. If anything, he made a statement on who is getting the title shot after Silva-Weidman, even to the expense of pabloXL showing his thongs on twitter-verse. Jacare also made short work of overmatched Camozzi and announced another contender in the suddenly exciting MW division.
In our own money pool, dlocc nailed it with a nail-biting 1-point, 2-fight victory clincher over yours truly and rock band bassist and Detroit Drew protege Jido7. It came down to 1-fight with me: Vitor and Luke, TRT wins, dlocc wins, Luke wins, I win. For Jido, Cariaso wins, he wins, JuicyA wins, dlocc wins. Dlocc eventually swept both of us and earned his next spot for Season 11. Not only that, dlocc nailed a 13-0 picking showmanship and he is currently #12 out of the 1892 who are playing in PG at the moment.
MANIA1 FIGHT CAMP
- 6 PEOPLE ( SARAH, ITALIANSTALLION54, 209KING, WYLDEMAN99, WISETOAD and OHMAMADOES) did not pick for this event. 209STK only picked two (2) fights. I hope you just missed the deadlines and not yet lost interest in the camp. We are just two (2) events and you can't give up picking guys.
- 38 people (59%) picked the Surfer to beat the homeboy who was picked by 26 people (41%). This is a case of Vitor R1 KO or Luke UD. Vitor made sure the 23 who picked him were satisfied with another highlight reel KO.
- In truly the Hot Bout of the evening, 34 people (53%) picked RDA to grit his way to a win against ultra tough Evan Dunham, who was picked by 30 people (47%). One could make the argument that either one won this fight. You could argue Dunham won and you might be right.
- 42 people (68%) picked the Brazilian Lineker against the Greg Jackson fighter who was picked by 20 people (32%). In the end, Lineker packs too much power and that Azhamat just can't handle it.
- 51 people (81%) picked the muscular Trinaldo against TUF veteran Mike Rio who was picked by only 12 people (19%). Trinaldo is huge and has round skills and no matter how tough Rio is, he just succumbed to that arm-triangle choke.
- 45 people (73%) picked Jussier Da Silva to beat Chris Cariaso who was picked by who was picked by 17 people (27%). JuicyA showed his world class ground game in this fight and he squeaked out a unanimous decision.
- 35 people (56%) picked Carnie to grind out Hacran who was picked by 27 people (44%) . As good as Dias is, he just can't handle a tough and gritty wrestler that Lentz brings to the table.
- In a controversial decision by the judges (it is common place nowadays in every event, mind you), Paulo Thiago, who was picked by 40 people (65%) got the nod against Trator, who was picked by 20 people (35%)..
- BIGGCASTLE and BITEMYJACKET were the only two (2) to pick Chris Camozzi over Jacare. Camozzi is tough but against an elite like Jacare, he will definitely sleep.
- BIGGCASTLE, DOTORMMA, 777 and SHIVAN TIGER were the only four (4) to pick Hollett. That was a great scrap and Hollett gamely played. Unfortunately, Fabio is the better boxer.
- SABUDHABISANDWICH and DALESDEADBUG were the brave ones who picked Josh Cholish against a monster and gigantic Tibau. Bad decision.
- JELLY_BELLY, DALESDEADBUG, FREENOW82, and JORGEHERNANDEZ3 formed the fantastic four that picked Jeremy Larsen. These four were smiling until the third round when Larsen suddenly showed good planking skills.
- BITEMYJACKET, DEUCE02, DILDON and ROY1 braved the torrent of Yuri Alcantara's finishing prowess and they picked Santos to beat Marajo. Yuri is a monster and going against him is not a good idea.
- The Brazilian Samurai is a cool nickname to have and it's good to have the skills to back it up. Unfortunately, as RILLY, ELLA, SWEDISH_CHEF, DEUCE02 and KG12 found out, adrenaline dump is a fucker in MMA.
1ST PLACE: DLOCC - 122 POINTS
- Perfect 13-0 in his picks scoring an event-high 122 points
- Impressed the camp by showing his name in the PG front page
- Perfect points for seven (7) fights: Vitor, Jacare, RDA, Jussier, Lentz, Thiago and Natal
- #12 out of 1892 in PG
- Won $20 and guaranteed a spot for Season 11
2ND PLACE (1) : PHASEBOOK - 121 POINTS
- Scored 121 points with 12/13 correct picks
- Perfect scores for eight (8) fights: Jacare, RDA, Maldonado, Jussier, Lentz, Alcantara, Thiago and Natal
- Event rank: #16 out of 1892 players in PG
2ND PLACE (1a): JIDO7 - 121 POINTS
- Tied for 2nd place having scored 121 points on 12/13 correct picks
- Perfect scores on eight (8) fights: Belfort, Jacare, RDA, Lineker, Lentz, Alcantara, Thiago, and Natal
- Event rank of #16 out of 1892
SHIT PICKER OF THE EVENT: BIGGER LEBOWSKI - 46 POINTS
- This spot should be for 209stk but he picked just two fights so sorry Lebowski
- Scored an event-low 46 points in the camp
- Went 8/13 correct picks but NO perfect score
- Event rank of #1589 out of 1892
- Should wear a sig of shame courtesy of dlocc until the next UFC event
THE REST OF THE SCORES:
CAMP SCORES AFTER TWO (2) EVENTS:
- Sanabriaman is now the leader of the pack after two events as he rose 3 places
- kimuraalloverurfae is second with 189 points, just three points lesser than the top
- Jido7 and swiftman are tied for third
- dlocc went up 41 notches with his event victory
- murph0707 went up 46 notches, the biggest climb one has done so far
- TripPilch, former number 1, fell to 27 places, the biggest fall for anyone in the camp
- Event 1: Trip Pilch - 88 points
- Event 2: dlocc - 122 points
MMAPlayground Season 16: Another Dimension
2 / 10 events complete