Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-fourth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This one goes to Mr. G Smith, for a brilliant follow-up at the end of a comment thread discussing Vitor Belfort and his TRT usage.
Has Vitor Dealt with question on his abuse of steroids and the fact that can lead to a need for trt? I don't recall him actually tackling that issue
Nobody's had the balls to ask him or he just pretends he can't hear the question.
Apparently he doesn't have balls to produce test either. A lot of folks w/out balls, huh?
- Mr. G Smith
- Article of the week: Normally I reserve this to fanposts, but I thoroughly enjoyed unambig's reporting and photos from the amateur Total Mayhem III event he attended in Vancouver. Great work!
- Statistic of the Week: I never thought I'd see the day that Mark Hunt would be soaking up MMAmania's traffic, but the rumors of his visa issues potentially preventing the Junior dos Santos showdown next week definitely stirred everyone up a bit. Hopefully everything gets sorted out.
- Fanpost of the Week: I seriously love this series. "Getting to know your Maniacs: Silver Fox" by OJR is a worthy read if you want to get to know one of our commenters are bit better.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: The Pride killed it with a thorough breakdown of his in-house jiu-jitsu tournament including all sorts of submissions, photos and more. Go check it out. You'll learn something..
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Congratulations to diazweedman, for his hilarious comment about the source of Melvin Manhoef's ridiculous punching power.
Anyone remember Hunt getting KO'd by a middleweight? It's very possible JDS can do it too
To be fair. Everyone knows that Manhoef is actually Jax from Mortal Kombat and his arms are mechanical
- Interview of the Week: My big interview this week was with Sports Lab coach Phil Claud as he commented on Pat Healy's positive test and resulting suspension. There were some pretty interesting tidbits in there in case you missed it.
- Video of the Week: The sun rises, we pay taxes, Arianny posts another strip video
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: This time around, our winner is Jesse Holland for his poignant observation about UFC bantamweight Bryan Caraway after a crazy past two days. :
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: This chick knows how to strut her stuff.
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This week's winner is Brad Bateman. Usually Maniacs are more than happy to poke fun at something, but Mr. Bateman took some time out to explain why he actually likes a fighter and his explanation of what makes Anderson Silva special was very well-thought out.
I don't care what anyone says. He has one of the most likable personalities in MMA. Soft spoken Gentleman and a great champion. Some people especially the haters I think misunderstand a lot of things he does or says. Definitely a good role model. Especially after seeing that video of him visiting the sick child and embracing him in the hospital.
- Brad Bateman
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate:
What current UFC champion will lose their title first?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.