Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This one goes to GirlsBeatMeUp who, with one change to one letter, completely altered the Duane Ludwig's nickname in the best way following the Team Alpha Male coach's recent revelation about his film-viewing techniques.
Duane "Bong" Ludwig
- Article of the week: Shane Carwin retired, people. The former UFC interim heavyweight champion called it quits and while he hadn't fought in nearly two years, he mixed in a coaching stint on The Ultimate Fighter and seemed like he still had something left to make a run. Here's to you, Shane Carwin.
- Statistic of the Week: You guys sure love Mark Hunt. While the article may be less than 24 hours old, that didn't stop word about Hunt's visa issues to spread so quickly that it vaulted to one of our most viewed articles of the week. .Also, everything that had the words Floyd Mayweather in it was somewhere in our tops for the week.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: After a two-week hiatus due to technical difficulties, the podcast was back this week as yours truly talked to a pair of guests, including UFC on FX 8's Mike Rio and former Bellator champion Joe Warren.
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Fanpost of the Week: Ok, there's no way Phasebook's personal testimonial to how loving and sharing the MMA mania community can be article wasn't making it. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please partake.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Shivan Tiger's hilarious "Let Me Introduce Kevin" parody post was golden if you've been around long enough.
He should just join wwe him and Barnett would be a good tag team
the Two Rambunctious Turds, Tag Team
- Interview of the Week: My big interview this week was with Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig and how can I not nominate part two of the interview, which ended up getting pieces posted all around the MMA blogosphere.
But that's not all, part one of the Ludwig interview was pretty damn good too
- Video of the Week: The sun rises, we pay taxes, Arianny posts another strip video
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: This time around, our winner is George Halvatzis Jr, who mixed in a compliment with sarcasm concerning the latest Leonard Garcia news:
Imagine Leonard Garcia actually learns to control his curse of too much power? Seriously though, Alpha Male could really help him— George Halvatzis Jr. (@G_H_2) May 9, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: You'd think she'd be dizzy by now.
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This one is a no-brainer. It goes to everyone Phasebook thanked in his Maniac's are good people too article:
"This post is about how loving, caring and sharing the MMA Mania community is. It is also my personal and heartfelt thank you to TAP SNAP OR BONS, KG12, VICDUNDEE, JOBEN, NINJA OREO DOLLOP, MR. G SMITH (RGIII), PABLOXL, RILLY and THORAZINE."
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. This isn't as much a debate as it is just a question:
What's your favorite MMA programming that airs on AXS TV? (Legacy, XFC, MFC etc)
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.