Welcome, Maniacs, to the thirty-eighth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This one goes to Mania's own Jesse Holland because we all love a good brain damage joke.
In order for this to be an April fool's joke
Wandy would have to know it's April. Not likely.
- Jesse Holland
- Article of the week: Considering the fact that no one knew who Ilir Latifi was when it was announced he'd be replacing Alexander Gustafsson in the UFC on Fuel TV 9 main event against Gegard Mousasi, I thought Andrew Richardson was still able to do a very comprehensive breakdown of him. This was excellent work and I highly recommend checking it out if you want to learn a bit more about the mystery man.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: The podcast was back this week as yours truly talked to a trio of guests, including UFC middleweight Brian Stann, Invicta FC 5's Bec Hyatt and victorious Bellator 95 fighter Rick Hawn.
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Statistic of the Week: For all the drama you guys normally flock to, sometimes, it's as simple as seeing a nasty knockout that gets the community intrigued. Urijah Hall did just that when he dispatched of Bubba McDaniel on TUF 17 in just nine seconds. This was one of our most popular articles and with good reason.
- Fanpost of the Week: This week's best fanpost is a simple but important one. The Pride posted Vote Six for MMAmania's awards, this one for "Best Writer." While yours truly was nominated (thanks btw) it all comes down to a battle between Jesse Holland and unambig. If you haven't made your voice heard and voted, please do.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: With Walking Dead holding its season finale, it's only fair that we give props to sarah- for her awesome weekly recaps. Until next season!
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to Swedish Chef smerdy herdy verdy, who came to his country's defense after Alexander Gustafsson after someone mentioned Antonio Silva and Vitor Belfort both fought after suffering a cut before their recent fights.
That's Brazil. Down there they'll superglue your head and pray over it just for the chance to beat up a foreigner.
In Sweden we have real doctors.
- Swedish Chef smerdy herdy verdy
- Interview of the Week: It was a very, very busy week for interviews on MMAmania.com with three events going down, but my personal favorite was a fascinating conversation with former Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman. Go check it out if you haven't already.
Also, keep an eye out on MMAmania as I'll be rolling out a few more interviews at the last minute before Invicta FC 5 takes place later tonight!
- Video of the Week: Okay I'm not dreaming, this really happened. Arianny kissed Brittney's ass.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: This time around, our weekly winner isn't someone from the Mania staff, but instead, some of the funniest burns I've read on Twitter. I've warned some Maniacs about getting drunk and posting, but Joben took it to another level by insulting UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt on Twitter. "The Super Samoan" got the last laugh, however:
@DrunkJoben said perfectly from a nobody. Go outside loser get some sun u pasty mutt
@DrunkJoben your world is the basement you gimp mask wearing fruit. Get outta here troll
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: This needs to be in even more slow motion, Baywatch-style.
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This one doesn't go to just a comment, but an entire fanpost. Tap or snap bons did an amazing thing in rallying the Mania community to help out one of our own, Phasebook. If you haven't checked out the post to see what we're talking about, please do. It's for a good cause.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
With Bellator's eight season coming to a close last night, what moment stood out to you in the last 12 weeks in the promotion's debut on Spike TV?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.