Welcome, Maniacs, to the forty-first edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: After Nate Diaz made a laundry list of excuses yesterday about why he lost to Josh Thomson without giving "The Punk" any actual props whatsoever for fighting smartly, Mania's own Patrick L Stumberg decided to throw him to the wolves in hilarious fashion.
Fuck it, give him Ellenberger
Nate wants to fight Jake. I wonder what the excuse will be after they peel Juggernaut off his limp corpse.
"You know, my head was still attached to my neck. Still got three teeth left. I mean, you know, I think it was an early stoppage.
Bitch-ass punk took a step to his left before he threw that overhand. How am I supposed to put on a show when little bitches are running like that?
You see how fast he ran around the cage after the ref called it off and they brought in the stretcher? Motherfucker was scared shitless. You know he was looking for any excuse to get out of there."
- Patrick L. Stumberg
- Article of the week: Okay, usually this article comes out before Holland's Fitness Friday posts so I don't get a chance to give them the love they deserve. If you haven't been following the series, go check out today's Why ask Why? edition and you'll be not only hooked, but motivated to make a difference
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: The podcast was supposed to be back this week, but due to technical difficulties on BlogTalkRadio's end, I was forced to cancel it at the last minute. Sorry about that! Don't worry, I still did the interviews with guests Sara McMann and Duane Ludwig. Keep an eye out for part one of Duane Ludwig's interview tonight!.
- Statistic of the Week: As much as you guys complain about us writing too many articles about Chael Sonnen, you still flock to them. Two of our most popular articles this week were Sonnen getting attacked at the TUF Finale and Sonnen asking to touch a reporter's hair on ESPN. Say it ain't so!
- Fanpost of the Week: The Scottidog birthday post by Dakatak was very moving. As much as I hate admitting to tearing up in front of you guys, this one got me going a bit and is well worth your time. Make sure to read every comment too.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: UFC 159: The Quick and Dirty by unambig is well worth your time. If anything, give this a read because the man keeps posting his previews for free each and every week.
- Honorable mention comment of the week #1: When Matt Mitrione had his next fight announced yesterday, we all knew some people were going to be outraged, but MdV astutely pointed out that one particular rival website would be particularly outraged.
Outraged people explosion on BE in 3, 2, 1 ......
- Honorable mention comment of the week #2: Yes, you guys had enough funny comments that I added an extra honorable mention this week. Congratulations! This one goes to sadowolf, for his burn on Jake Shields.
And I'm also not very fond of Jake Shields
I guess animals are since he's vegan
Though they probably hate watching him fight too
- Interview of the Week: We had some interesting interviews this week, none perhaps more interesting than upcoming controversial UFC 159 fighter Leonard Garcia. Go check it out.
But that's not all. We also have interviews with UFC 159 fighters Sara McMann and Kurt Holobaugh as well as Ben Henderson's head trainer John Crouch reflecting on his title victory last weekend.
- Burn of the Week: I bring this one back every time I see a good burn on Mania. Yeah, yeah, Stumberg already had a comment of the week, but his burn on everyone's favorite Stockton fanboy 209stk was too good not to be included.
Ur still a fag Patrick
What's that? I can't here you over the sound of Cesar Gracie camp being 0-4-1 since last May.
- Patrick L. Stumberg
- Video of the Week: Only thing that would make this perfect is if there was less talking and more stripping.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: This time around, our winner is George Halvatzis Jr., who made a hilarious observation about bite-happy soccer player Luis Suarez gaining a new follower on Twitter:
Mike Tyson is now following Luis Suarez on twitter... fitting— George Halvatzis Jr. (@G_H_2) April 21, 2013
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: On top of being hot, this one also made me laugh. Double bonus!
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This one goes to Deuce02, for sharing an amazing moment with our favorite Maniac Scottidog:
I have a bunch of texts from Scotti that I sometimes go back and read.
He definitely shared your sentiments...
Deuce: It is amazing that you had such a rough go of it as a kid and just watched your oldest graduate from college. That had to be a hell of a feeling.
Scotti: I remember when I was 15. I was living in a stairwell and sleeping in the exercise room of an apartment building. I only had 2 changes of clothes in a gym bag and I was constantly trying to find a place to wash them. I had nowhere to sleep. I was losing weight...no Christmas, no family, no nothing. Every once in a while I look around and realize I'm a homeowner who is happily married with 3 kids. 2 of which will be teachers. 1 of them even a damn math teacher. And I've realized how lucky I am. I didn't think I would live to see 20. I get pretty choked up at graduations and stuff.
Deuce: Good job man. That is the point of it all to me. Make it better, leave it better. You can't do that any better than through your kids.
Scotti: Yeah. I may not have much. But I made a math teacher. haha
There is your Good Guy Scottidad moment.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.