Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones went on UFC Tonight last week (watch the video here) and told hosts Kenny Florian and Dominick Cruz that "Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole career."
"The American Gangster" was not amused.
Jones later retracted the accusation and apologized online (read it here), but Sonnen, was "disappointed" by the champ's "reckless statement" and prepared to take "Bones" to court to make him prove it, according to his recent conversation with MMA Fighting.
"I think he was (forced to take it back). I think somebody probably told him he should take it back. My side would have got to him, we would have sued him. We would have just said, 'Prove it.' That's a pretty good accusation, where's your evidence? He took it back. I haven't accepted his apology, but I do acknowledge that he gave an apology. I don't know why he would say that. I was very disappointed. That was a very reckless statement. I don't wish to engage or out him for something, but it wasn't true and I resent it."
Sonnen will have a chance to make him pay for it when they meet in the center of the Octagon for tomorrow night's (April 27, 2013) UFC 159: "Jones vs. Sonnen" pay-per-view (PPV) event, which goes down from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Despite the remarks, Chael P. insists he still likes the former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 17 coach and will continue to do so after this weekend's fisticuffs.
Fact or fiction?