Sorry again Maniacs for the late post and apologies in advance for the GSP-Diaz card results that will again be posted late. Real life and work-related matters have been limiting my Maniac time.
Unambig called it a "decision-laden" night with 8 fights going to decisions. It was also the night of the underdogs as Silva, Hunt, Okami, Yahya, and a few other underdogs won their respective fights. The judging was once again put in the spotlight as there are some controversial calls on "Caceres-Kang, Yushin-Hector and Diego-Gomi. " But hey, this is MMA and when you put fights into the hands of judges, expect the unexpected.
As for me, the thing I have learned for two events now is never pick guys that are members of the Blackzillians and anything that has to do with Marcello. Fuck Cristiano and Yuri Villefort for causing me 44 points now. Fuck them hard.
In our own money-pool, ricky dooby and Oilcheck, after advising each other to pick with their dicks, if their heart and mind wouldn't suffice topscored this event scoring 89 and 88 points respectively. This event proved helpful to both as ricky entered the top 5 and Oily is now in the top 10. Phase and kg12 slid. Snake_Pliskan is still leading but letstalkmma is not far behind.
Let's go ahead to the results:
UFC ON FUEL TV 8 QUICK RESULTS:
- DLOCC, WYLDEMAN99, JELLY_BELLY, KEVJACK115, NNR, DANAGO, BIGGANT, PABLOXL, SCARNON, DILDON, PHINSALLDAY, HIGHALLTH3TIME, CRUZJACKSON, TAP SNAP OR BONS, JONNYBOY6969 and SPACEBEN formed the 25% that picked the Super Samoan to win against Stefan Struve. Struve had all the chances to win by sub or coast to a decision on that fight but he offered his chin on the silver platter to the hardest hitter on the game today and he paid the price.
- LETSTALKMMA, DANAGO, NINJA_OREO DOLLOP, BITEMYJACKET, SCARNON and HIGHALLTH3TIME were definitely irate right now that their pick Gomi did not win and was "robbed." The fight could go either way but one could make the argument that neither fighter did enough to have a convincing win to their resume.
- JIDO7, RICKY-DOOBY, OILCHECK, KEVJACK115, DANAGO, BNF, 209STK, BITEMYJACKET, BIGGCASTLE, VICDUNDEE, JOBEN, SPACEBEN, snd DLOCC comprised the 21% that picked the Axe Murderer to win against All American. It was a gutsy pick considering how Wandy seemed to have lost that chin but hey congratulations on the gutsy pick paying off guys.
- NNR, DANAGO,209KING, WISETOAD, SUPERFKNMARIO, SHIVANTIGER, RILLY, BIGGANT, SCARNON, BIGGCASTLE, TAP SNAP OR BONS, SPACEBEN AND WYLDEMAN99 picked Siyar to win against the wrestling prowess of DHK. Instead of getting points, what we got from Siyar is the inability to mount any offense on the ground. Or in fact the ability to just turtle, wiggle and do nothing once the fight hits the ground.
- 44 people (70%) of the camp picked Brad Tavares and he disappointed the hopes of the 19 people who picked Fukuda to grind.
- 40 people picked Takeya to win and he proved that the alternating win-loss record curse is now off the hook. But of course the 23 people who picked the Kid Lightning from Team Alpha Male will disagree that Miz won that fight.
- YAN117, KEVJACK115, RGIII, 209KING, ULF_MURPHY, SHIVAN TIGER, REDMAN, SABUDHABISANDWICH, AND WYLDEMAN99 probably forgot about the Dan Stittgen fight when they clicked Marcello Guimares in their PG accounts. Honestly, I was having my balls and dick sunk when I saw that Ace was being outstruck by Guimares there. Fortunately, a well-timed knee brought my dick up to its normal Asian-flaccid state upon seeing it.
- In the closest picks of the evening, 33 people (52%) picked Kang while 30 people (48%) picked Bruce Leroy. Again, another controversial call but I will take my 7 points from Bruce Leroy. I needed it upon picking Cristiano Marcello.
- 43 people (68%) picked Rahni Yahya to win against Hirota who was picked by 20 people (32%). Yahya showed us Demian-Maia like grappling until the second round. If only he has the cardio of GSP, Yahya would be a tremendous MMA grappler.
- KG12, OILCHECK, YAN117, NNR, DANAGO, 209STK, BITEMYJACKET, DONKEYPUNCH81, REDMAN, SABUDHABISANDWICH, HIGHALLTH3TIME, TAP SNAP OR BONS, JOBEN, FREENOW82 and WYLDEMAN99 put their fate in the hands of Thunder and boy di Yushin controlled Lombard for two rounds. I am quite surprised that it went to a split decision when it's clear as diamond that Yushin won rounds 1 and 2.
- In the Hot Bout of the evening, 38 people picked Tokudome while 25 of us did the unimaginable and picked Cristiano Marcello. Shit, what the fuck did I think picking the guy with one of the best jiu jiutsu in the game and yet try to implement a Jorge Gurgel game plan.
FIRST PLACE: $20 MAN - RICKY DOOBY
- Ricardo took it this event scoring an impressive 89 points
- He went 8/11 with perfect scores on Kim, Tavares, Mizugaki, Lim, Tokudome and Yahya
- Impressive as he placed 5th overall in PG for this event
- I'm happy he scored high after I eliminated him in Bon's bracket. LOL
- Impressive Ricardo and you're guaranteed of a spot next season
- I hope you can finally win this thing after many seasons you've been playing
- Went to the top 5 after this feat
SECOND PLACE: OILCHECK
- For two consecutive events now, has been magnificent in his picks
- For this event, just fell short of one point to tie Ricardo
- Scored 88 points going 9/11
- Perfect points on Kim, Tavares, Tokudome, and Yahya
- Also made an appearnce on the PG homescreen
- Now in the top 10 after this good two events
- Keep it up and you might win this thing on your first try
THIRD PLACE: DLOCC
- Scored 83 points going 8/11
- Perfect points for Silva, Tavares, Tokudome and Yahya
- First time that he made an appearance at the top three this season
- Went up in the camp's leadership after this event.
SHIT PICKER OF THE NIGHT: NINJA OREO DOLLOP
- Fucking scored an event-low 18 points
- Went 2/11 correct picks only getting 11 points on Kim (duh?) and 7 for Ace.
- Horrible way to represent the free poolers NOD
- You will get a sig of shame courtesy of ricky dooby which you will wear until after the GSP-Diaz fight
THE SCORES AFTER SIX (6) EVENTS:
- Snake_Pliskan is still comfortably seated at the top spot with 377 points and a 9 point lead over letstalkmma
- Jido7, DetroitDrew's protege, is now third with 361 points.
- ricky dooby, with his excellent performance this event, went up 7 nocthes to secure the 4th spot.
- Oilcheck breaks in the top 10 with his good performance and went up 9 notches.
- donkeypunch81 went up 7 notches
- AJ Sanabriaman went up 6 notches
- MixedMartialFarts went down 5 notches and crashed out of the top 10
- dlocc, highallth3time and Jonnyboy6969 are the biggest gainers with 12 notches up
- freenow82 crashed out of the top 10 and went down 6 notches.
- unambig, 209stk and pretty babe sarah went up 10 notches
- phinsallday, bitemyjacket and biggant went up 9 notches.
- goldmouth and pabloXL went up 8 notches
- ohmamadoes by not picking registered the biggest fell of 18 notches below
- bigGcastle is the second biggest fall down with 15 notches below
- Third biggest downfall were registered by DetroitDrew and scarnon who fell down 13 notches.
- Ninja Oreo Dollop fell down 8 notches.
MMAPlayground Season 15: Karate Choppin' Ninjas
6 / 10 events complete
That's it Maniacs. Let's start the Diaz-GSP war now. Who you got? The weed or the French-Canadian. Do you think the Beard gets it done against the Natural Born Killer?