There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC on FUEL TV 8: "Silva vs. Stann" which took place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on March 2, 2013.
Some are notable; others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Wanderlei Silva and Brian Stann collided in a light heavyweight main event contest, with Silva earning a second-round knockout victory and, in the process, turned the clock back on his career and looked like "The Axe Murderer" of old.
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 20 post-fight facts about UFC on FUEL TV 8: "Silva vs. Stann" below:
- Wanderlei Silva earned $100,000 in post-fight bonus money while Brian Stann and Mark Hunt earned $50,000 post-fight bonuses.
- With eight consecutive decisions, UFC on FUEL TV 8 tied UFC 94 for the most decisions in a row on a UFC fight card.
- UFC on FUEL TV 8 was the organization's second event in Saitama and sixth event overall in Japan.
- Silva won a fight in Japan for the first time in 2437 days -- or six years, eight months and two days.
- Hector Lombard dropped to 1-2 in the UFC and was defeated for just the second time in his past 28 fights.
- Dong Hyun Kim has earned seven of his eight UFC victories by way of decision.
- Alex Caceres is 4-1 since dropping to the UFC bantamweight division. He's won two fights in a row by split decision.
- Hunt's four-fight UFC win-streak is the longest of any fighter in the heavyweight division.
- Takeya Mizugaki is on his first two-fight win-streak since 2008. He'd alternated wins and losses his previous 10 fights.
- Diego Sanchez moved into seventh place for most cage time in UFC history at 3 hours 52 minutes and 57 seconds.
- Yushin Okami tied UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva for the most middleweight victories in UFC history at 13.
- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 11 veteran Brad Tavares (5-1) has the highest UFC win percentage of any fighter from his season of the reality show.
- All four of Stefan Struve's UFC losses are via stoppage due to strikes.
- Asian fighters went 5-4 against opponents from other continents on the card.
- UFC on FUEL TV 8 drew an attendance of 14,682.
- Silva has alternated wins and losses for his last six professional fights.
- Struve suffered a broken jaw in his technical knockout loss to Hunt.
- Silva has won ‘Fight of the Night' in three-straight UFC fights and has received seven post-fight bonuses during his current nine-fight UFC stint.
- There have been 87 fights in the "UFC on FUEL TV" fight card series; 50 (or 57%) have ended in a decision with 20 (technical) knockout, 16 submissions and one "no contest."
- Total cage time of the 11-bout UFC on FUEL TV 8 fight card was two hours, 29 minutes and 52 seconds; the second longest fight card in UFC history behind UFC on FUEL TV 7.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!