Photo via BrittneyPalmer.com
Check out the week that was at MMAmania.com! We've got interviews, comments, fanposts, videos and gifs!
Welcome, Maniacs, to the thirty-fifth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
Even Edgar's thoughts are close decisions.
- Article of the week: Mike Bohn's "30 facts about UFC 158" had some really, really interesting observations about tomorrow night's fight card. If you haven't checked it out already, please do.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission Podcast: The podcast was back this week as yours truly talked everything from the Nick Diaz situation to UFC 158 predictions and breakdowns. We also had a special guest in Rose Namajunas, who's fighting at Invicta FC 5 and might be better known as Pat Barry's blizzard dance partner.
Did you miss it? Don't worry, you can listen to the archived podcast by clicking on the player below:
- Statistic of the Week: It was the Nick Diaz show this week. Everything from him no-showing the open workouts, saying he doesn't know if he'll pass the drug test, finding out about his hotel "stalking" situation, his staredown with GSP as well as the full audio from the conference call between Diaz and St. Pierre were all among our most popular articles. Who's selling wolf tickets now?
- Fanpost of the Week: I know it has nothing to do with MMA, but I've been ignoring Sarah-'s excellent Walking Dead recaps for far too long. If you're a fan of the show (and you're caught up and aren't worried about spoilers) go check it out.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: This one goes to Dr. UFC for his well thought out piece about why GSP vs. Diaz is going to be a lot like Bendo vs. Diaz. If you haven't read it already, he makes a very reasonable argument.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one goes to hideaway for pointing out the obvious with Ronda Rousey's prediction that Nick Diaz would beat GSP.
Wow this is shocking
Ronda Rousey picking her homey Diaz to win. Another good story would be to ask Rory McDonald if he thinks GSP will win.
- Video of the Week: This week's video has to be the UFC 158 pre-fight press conference. If you haven't seen it yet, enjoy:
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a while ago, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Our big winner this week was Andrew Richardson, who had a poignant comment about Nick Diaz and press conferences:
Diaz may only show up for half the conferences, but he makes them approximately 32 times better. I'd say that evens it up.
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr., Jason Probst and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I dig it.
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - This one goes to ricky~dooby, for showing some mercy on Ninja Oreo Dollop in regards to a sigbet:
you wore the hell out of that sig already.. i'll let you off the hook considering there was 2 weeks inbetween events this time.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
I've seen a lot of complaining lately about moderation on Mania, especially in recent fanposts. Do you really think we're turning into the PC police here, or are you guys blowing this out of proportion? I'd honestly like to know.
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.