There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC 156: "Aldo vs. Edgar" which took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Feb. 2, 2013.
Some are notable; others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 30 post-fight facts about UFC 156: "Aldo vs. Edgar" below:
- Jose Aldo, Frankie Edgar, Antonio Silva and Bobby Green earned $50,000 post-fight bonuses.
- UFC 156 drew an attendance of 10, 275 for a live gate of $2,437,000.
- According to Fight Metric, Edgar moved into fifth place for most cage time in UFC history at three hours, 51 minutes and nine seconds.
- Jon Fitch has the best submission defense in UFC history, successfully escaping 28 of 28 submission attempts.
- Aldo pushed his win-streak under the ZUFFA banner (UFC and WEC) to 12-0, only second to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (16-0).
- Betting underdogs went 7-4 on the fight card.
- Alistair Overeem suffered his first mixed martial arts (MMA) defeat since September 2007.
- According to Fight Metric, Aldo out landed Edgar 76 to 60 in total strikes.
- Yves Edwards has alternate wins and losses in six consecutive fights.
- Former Strikeforce fighters who were making their UFC debut went 3-0 on the card.
- Jay Hieron was finished for just the fourth time in his 30-fight career, and for the first time since June 2007.
- Edwin Figueroa was finished for the first time in his career.
- Isaac Vallie-Flagg pushed his current unbeaten streak to 12 fights.
- All four of Jay Hieron's career stoppage losses are by knockout or technical knockout.
- Antonio Silva's last six fights have ended by knockout or technical knockout.
- Fitch landed a total of six significant strikes in his unanimous decision loss to Demian Maia.
- Rashad Evans lost a non-title bout for the first time in his career.
- Edgar was the first fighter in ZUFFA history to take Jose Aldo down more than once in a fight.
- Vallie-Flagg has won three fights in a row by split decision.
- Maia is 3-0 since dropping to the UFC welterweight division in July 2012.
- After opening his UFC career with a 14-1 record, Fitch is 1-2-1 in his past four fights.
- According to MMA Decisions, Green's submission of Jacob Volkmann at 4:25 of round three was the second latest submission in UFC lightweight history (first is Cole Miller vs. Jorge Gurgel at 4:48 of round three).
- Edgar has won post-fight bonuses in four of his last five fights for a total of $250,000.
- Ian McCall dropped his UFC record to 0-2-1 with a unanimous decision loss to Joseph Benavidez.
- Brazilian fighters went 4-1 against opponents from other countries on the UFC 156 fight card.
- Hieron has a UFC record of 0-4 dating all the way back to June 2004.
- Dustin Kimura has finished his opponent in nine of his 10 career victories.
- Chico Camus was submitted for the first time in his 16-fight career.
- The total cage time of the 11-bout UFC 156 fight card was two hour, 26 minutes and 36 seconds
- According to Fight Metric, Evan Dunham landed 91 total strikes in his win over Tibau, the most of any fighter on the card.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!