Sorry for the late post guys and gals, been very busy as fuck doing research and stuff.
So Ronda won by arm bar? Isn't that expected? In our own mania1 camp, 97% of the camp picked Rousey and I am sure almost 100% of those who picked her chose round 1 submission. I saw many people whining about how Machida ran and is a coward for not standing in front of Dan and being H-bombed. Really? Did you expect Machida to employ a Leonard Garcia type of aggression, stand in front of Dan and run into an H-Bomb? Machida won that fight and it was surprising that it went to a split decision.
In our own money pool, another rookie etched his name into the $20 spot as bitemyjacket won the event scoring 86 points. It's still cluster-fuckingly close at the top 5 of our rankings as Snake_Pliskan, letstalkmma, kg12, Jido and yours truly round-up the top 5 after five (5) events.
Let's go straight to the results:
- An overwhelming 62 people (97%) picked Rounda Rousey to win (or to be specific arm bar) Liz Carmouche. However, it seemed that KEVJACK115 (KO/TKO) and BIGGCASTLE did not get the memo as they hanged on woth Liz at the very end.
- KEVJACK115, DANAGO, 209STK, RGIII, 209KING, BIGGANT, RAMPAGELANGFORD, DEUCE02, NINJA OREO DOLLOP, JONNYBOY6969, MURPH0706, VICDUNDEE, CRUZJ ACKSON, VIOLENTMIKE, SCARNON and LETSTALKMMA formed the Magic 16 or the 25% that picked Hendo to win.
- My applause goes to BITEMYJACKET as he won this event. Impressive to say the least scoring 86 points but then I looked at his Ivan Menjivar over Urijah Faber pick and I begin to scratch my head.
- In a tough fight to pick, the camp was divided between Magny (35 people) and Manley (29 people). In the end, the 55% that picked Magny triumphed.
- Lavar is supposed to KO Scaub. Nah ah said DANAGO, PABLOXL, AUSSIE, DILDON, GOLDMOUTH, JOBEN, OILCHECK, AFROTIKIMAN, SWIFTMAN, BIGGCASTLE, FREENOW82, JELLY BELLY, MIXEDMARTIALFARTS, YAN117, PHASEBOOK AND LETSTALKMMA. However, of these 16 people, it was YAN 117 who impressed by picking a decision win, Good call Yan
- NNR, KEVJACK115, DANAGO, 209STK, RGIII, 209KING, WISETOAD, SUPERFKNMARIO, OHMAMADOES, AND FREENOW82 picked Josh Neer. Together with Neer's pink slip, your 11 points went down the drain for this one. Bad call guys.
- UNAMBIG, MURPH0706, THE PRIDE, JELLY BELLY AND LETSTALKMMA picked the European to win. They had a sign of joy in the first round but then again come the second round, the Europeans showed why they won't ever be UFC champions.
- KEVJACK115 (R2 KO), DANAGO (R1, KO), BIGGANT (R1, KO), HIGHALLTH3TIME (R1, KO), WISETOAD (R1, KO) AND DILDON (R1, KO) formed the 9% that picked Ruthless to win. And Robbie won big time on this one KOing Kos.
- DMERIT, BNF, DONKEYPUNCH81, PABLOXL, DEUCE02, WISETOAD, SUPERFKNMARIO, and UNAMBIG picked Wolverine to win and boy did they almost win!
- 35 people picked Stout while 29 picked Fodor. I guess the "future" is bright for Caros but as of now he had tasted defeat at the hands of stone.
- Only 19 people picked Kenny to win and boy did he shatter the calf muscles and thigh of Brock and the 44 people that picked him. Brock + Jardine = not a good pick.
- In the Hot Bout of the evening that featured two fighters that no one in the camp knows or probably cared for, the guy that came in overweight won. This has been the second time that the overweight guy won. Hmmmmmmm. First Kimura, now Burell. Consider this factor in your picks from now on.
FIRST PRIZE: THE $20 WINNER: BITEMYJACKET
- Scored an event high 86 points going 9/12 correct picks
- Perfect points for Rousey, Magny, McGee and Burrell.
- Guaranteed a spot in our next season of the money pool.
- The only one to pick Menjivar in the camp.
SECOND PRIZE: DETROITDREW
- Scored 85 points, just 1 point shy of tying with the event winner.
- Went 8/12 correct picks
- Perfect scores for Rousey, Magny, McGee, Chiesa, and Burrell.
- Slowly creeping up the standings.
THIRD PRIZE: VIOLENTMIKE and OILCHECK
- Both scored 76 points
- Had a $30 bet TKO or KO only on Machida-Hendo
- VM went 7/12 correct picks and Oily went 9/12 correct picks
SHITPICKER OF THE EVENT: 209KING
- In the camp where the average score for the event is 50+, 209 king scored a measly 27 points.
- Went 5/12
- No perfect points.
- Should get a sig of shame but both , I guess, do not have a Mania account.
THE SCORES FOR THE 5TH EVENT:
THE SCORES AFTER FIVE (5) EVENTS)
- Snake_Pliskan still leads the pack with 308 points
- letstalkmma is just one point shy from tying with Snake at the first spot. He is currently second with 307 points.
- kg12 is not far behind with 300 points.
- Jido7 and Phasebook round up the top five.
- Detroit Drew went up 16 notches.
- Wisetoad went down 12 notches.
- Daniel Worby went up 12 notches
- Commisioner Joben went up 11 notches
- Violent Mike went up 10 notches.
- Aussie went down 9 notches
- ricky dooby went down 4 notches and was pushed back outside the top 10.
- Pride went down 6 notches and also crashed out of the top 10.
- Oilcheck went up 7 notches
- Christophcleus was, I think, the only Maniac that got a perfect 11 points from Machida. But that didn't help him as he slid 3 notches.
- unambig and BNF went down 8 notches.
- Deuce02 went down 10 notches.
- Being the shit picker of this event, 209 king went down 12 notches
|MMA Playground season 15: Karate Choppin Ninjas
5 / 10 events complete
That's all for the mean time Maniacs. Please feel free to discuss and express yourselves. Will you be taking mark Hunt? Struve? Shango? Thunder? Go talk your big game up. Make sure you don't ejaculate in the first 30 seconds though.