Welcome, Maniacs, to the thirty-third edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
This week's "Best of Mania" comes with a heavy heart. It wasn't as easy finding humor on Mania with one of the best commenters I ever had an opportunity to talk to having passed away. Scotti is going to be involved in several awards today.
- Comment of the Week: Scott Shrive gets a post-humorous award. Behold, the final tweet he sent to the world, I'll miss ya buddy.
I had steak today. Twice. I'm a blowjob and a big dump away from this day replacing the birth of my kids as the best day ever.
- Article of the week: The RIP Scottidog article is one of the most hauntingly beautiful things I've read on MMAmania. You guys really came together in the comment section and every one of those 770 comments is worth reading. Every story from each Maniac seemed to just add to the character of one of the best people I wish I'd ever got a chance to meet.
- Statistic of the Week: For how little most of you seemed to care about Jon Fitch when he was actually fighting or how easily you made jokes about his style, several of our most heavily trafficked articles this week all concerned the American Kickboxing Academy standout's release from the UFC. It seemed you didn't realize how much you appreciated him until he was gone.
- Fanpost of the Week: OJR bringing back his QOTW: Scottidog edition was a brilliant tribute to a brilliant man. If you haven't check this one out, you really should.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Scottidog's dad stopped by to thank the Maniacs for their kind words in the initial bad news post. It brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. Go see for yourself what he had to say if you haven't already.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: I just love the visual letstalkmma gave with his reaction to Emanuel Newton's knockout of King Mo last night.
Ol Newton threw that like he was in a MOSH Pit!
- Burn of the Week: Every once in a while, I see a good insult that makes me laugh out loud. Long-time Maniac wooly shambler brings home the bacon this week after his interaction with Just_Bleed ended on a high note.
i won a medal for our country and didnt look like a fat pig doing it
special olympics ?
- wooly shambler
- Interview of the Week: I'm normally a selfish bastard and give this award to myself each week, but our very own Jesse Holland had a sit-down interview with Bellator lightweight champion Michael Chandler which was very refreshing. It flew a bit under the radar yesterday so go check it out if you haven't already.
But that's not all, we also have interviews with newly signed UFC women's bantamweight Cat Zingano (part one and part two), Bellator featherweight finalist Rad Martinez and top UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks.
- Video of the Week: When our two favorite ring girls Brittney Palmer and Arianny Celeste strip down and grope each other for our viewing pleasure, I don't care what else showed up this week in the video department.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account a few weeks back, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Jesse Holland was our big winner this week as he levied a valid criticism towards our favorite show about the zombie apocalypse, The Walking Dead:
Love #TheWalkingDead but if ghost-Lori starts showing up and telling Rick what to do, Obi-Wan style, I'm punching out.
- Jesse Holland
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland,Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I could watch this girl pretend to hula hoop for hours. This should liven up a rather morose "Best of Mania" post.
- Dumbest Comment of the Week: The real ZACK took the cake this week with his putrid comment explaining why being an Olympian isn't a big deal in terms of success in MMA. The best part was his reasoning, as he goes on to list four Olympians who have all been major champions in MMA as why it isn't a good thing.
Olympics don't mean shit
In MMA how many champions are Olympic caliber ummm ok... Randy was an alternate Hendo is great and DC gets punished by Cain in Sparring by his own admission other than that who has achieved. If u say RR I'm done
- Scottidog's "Good guy comment of the week" - In honor of Scottidog, probably the best guy in the history of MMAmania commenters, I'm bringing in a new weekly category to honor a Maniac who goes out of their way to do something nice. This week, believe it or not, our winner is Danago, for standing up to some internet bullies who were taking it too far with criticism of UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.
Comment section is a bit harsh.
I only want to see you taking shots at her if you have a profile picture up, just so we know you aren't an ugly munter yourself.
Those are the rules. She's a girl at the end of the day. Just take it easy around here. Rip into the male fighters all you want, but I was brought up to know ripping into women is disrespectful. Not around these ends kids.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
In honor of last night's wild upset by Emanuel Newton with a spinning back fist knockout of King Mo Lawal, what is your all-time favorite upset in MMA history?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.