Welcome, Maniacs, to the thirtieth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This one goes to Ulf Murphy, who had one of the best Jon Fitch jokes I've ever read.
The only reason Fitch doesn't kill people is that they tell him to stop at 15 minutes. If given an open-ended bout. Fitch would finish 100% of the time, although we might still be watching his first fight...
- Ulf Murphy
- Article of the week: Jesse Holland never gets this award and he's well-deserving. His History in the Making for Jose Aldo originally winning the WEC featherweight title from Mike Brown was rock solid. Go check it out if you haven't already.
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission podcast: Not to toot my own horn, but in case you missed it, I hosted the second edition of our weekly podcast with Mike Bohn on Wednesday night. Our guest this week was The Ultimate Fighter season 17's Uriah Hall and we had a pretty awesome 25 minute interview with him (starts about 10 minutes in). If you didn't tune in live, you can still catch the podcast right here:
- Fanpost of the Week: Cory Braiterman's post about you being a crappy fan if you didn't like the flyweight fight last weekend was rock solid. Go check it out if you haven't already.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Unambig does it again with his UFC 156 drunk and easy article breaking down the key match-ups.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Poor Jon Fitch was on the receiving end of yet another top weekly comment, this one courtesy of Patrick L. Stumberg.
Just came in here to say that I feel like Fitch has invaded my soul.
Granted, he's not doing much but hugging it, but still.
- Patrick L. Stumberg
- Interview of the Week: We had a boatload of interviews this week, but the most interesting was elite head coach of Jackson's MMA, Mike Winklejohn, who provided his thoughts on his team's performance following UFC on Fox 6. Check it out if you haven't already.
- Video of the Week: Former UFC ring girl Edith Labell returns to teach us how to use the Kimura transition to an armbar.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account last week, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: George Halvatzis Jr. and Jesse Holland were our big winners this week: .
That Hooters commercial was really subtle
-George Halvatzis Jr.
Director-friend compared me to @DerekMears -- hopefully because I'm tall, bald & handsome and not because of that whole dead-camper thing.
- Jesse Holland
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Jesse Holland, Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: After 30 weeks, it was time for some Megan Fox, so here, enjoy watching her get groped by a fellow female actress. .
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
Bellator has stated in commercials that Alexander Shlemenko is the best [active] Russian fighter in the world. Agree or disagree? If you disagree, which Russian do you think is the best?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.