In just a few short hours, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will close out 2013 with UFC 168 live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The card is headlined by a rematch between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva for Weidman's UFC Middleweight title.
Should he win, Anderson Silva will walk away with a cool $800k. If Weidman retains his belt, the champ will take home $400k. It very well could be the most expensive main event in UFC history.
Take a look at the released salaries courtesy of MMAJunkie.com.
- Chris Weidman: $200,000 (plus a potential win bonus of $200,000)
- Anderson Silva: $600,000 (plus a potential win bonus of $200,000)
- Ronda Rousey: $50,000 (plus a potential win bonus of $50,000)
- Miesha Tate: $28,000 (plus a potential win bonus of $28,000)
- Josh Barnett: $170,000 (no win bonus)
- Travis Browne: $28,000 (plus a potential win bonus of $28,000)
MMAJunkie is also reporting that UFC officials expect the event to break $6 million in live gate receipts. That would make UFC 168 one of the biggest financial successes in the history of the promotion.