We're just one week away from perhaps the most-anticipated rematch in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) history when Middleweight champion Chris Weidman attempts to defend his title against former division king Anderson Silva at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
As part of their UFC duties, "All American" and "The Spider" have been doing the media rounds to promote the highly-anticipated pay-per-view (PPV) event .
Weidman recently stopped by ESPN headquarters in Bristol, Conn., to talk all things UFC 168 and Silva on "MMA Live Extra."
Among the topics discusses were but not limited to:
- How Weidman's life has changed since winning the title at UFC 162 on July 6, 2013.
- Partying with Lindsey Lohan's mom (yes, really).
- Difference in going into the Octagon as a champion as opposed to the challenger.
- Proving doubters wrong.
- Whether or not he's the "Fighter of the Year."
- Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate rivalry.
UFC 168, which goes down from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, next weekend, also features a UFC women's Bantamweight title fight as Ronda Rousey attempts to defend her title against bitter rival Miesha Tate.
For more on the upcoming UFC 168: "Weidman vs. Silva 2" PPV be sure to check out our complete event archive right here.