Malaysian mixed martial arts (MMA) is going from strength to strength with ONE FC having put on a series of solid shows in Kuala Lumpur featuring a healthy contingent of local fighters and the country's longest running promotion, Ultimate Beatdown, is now set to introduce titles for the first time with a tournament getting underway later this month.
Ultimate Beatdown 13: "Road to Glory" on 29th November sees the Johor Bahru promotion move to a new venue, the KSL City Mall Hotel & Resort, and introduce a larger cage so fights will no longer automatically be taking place inside the proverbial phonebox.
The 12 fight pro MMA card features fighters from all over Malaysia and Singapore and will be headlined by a middleweight bout between Brad Robinson (1-0) and Jun Minion (1-0) while the card also sees recent MIMMA 125-pound tournament winner Kenny Yap (3-1) returning to professional action for the first time in a year.
Ultimate Beatdown 13, KSL City Mall Hotel & Resort, November 29th
1) Mohd Fouzein VS Lim Jen Loh ---Flyweight Tournament
2) Garie Tang VS Pranav Mantri ----- Flyweight Tournament
3) Yadwinder Singh VS Hanif Zainal------ Bantamweight Tournament
4) Mohd Firdaus VS Mohd Zakhir --------Bantamweight Tournament
5) Sabastian Cole VS Mehrdad Malekizadeh ----72kg Catchweight
6) Sanjivan VS Mohd Alsebaie -------- Lightweight Tournament
7) Rayner Karabau VS Shaharin --------- Welterweight Tournament
8) Mohd Faizul VS Emilio Urrutia ------- Bantamweight Tournament
9) Nico Soe VS Mustafa Kamal ---------59kg catchweight
10) Keith Alden VS Malik Kreishan ------Featherweight Tournament
11) Kenny Yap VS Kumarasyan ---------Flyweight Tournament
12) Brad Robinson VS Jun Minion-----Middleweight Tournament