So the NBA started today meaning basketball season is fashionably starting. Time for our Mania Fantasy Basketball League to make some noise.
WEEK 1 MATCH-UPS PREVIEWS:
PHASEBOOK vs HANKGOTSHOTINTHEHEAD
TAP SNAP OR BONS vs BROKEN ORBITAL
POTATO623 vs RICKY DOOBY
MUN vs JOBEN
DLOCC vs LETSTALKMMA
THE NEXT DAMN CHAMP VS DOCTORMMA
- Points: The battle for this will be determined on who has the monster scorers on their team and whether they can produce those numbers. Think of Lebron James (DoctorMMA), Kevin Durant (Hank), James Harden (Phase), Dwayne Wade (Hank), among others.
- Rebounds: Crashing the boards will have to be a team effort but there are players better suited to this. Guys like Dwight Howard (DoctorMMA), Paul Milsap (dlocc), Serge Ibaka, Josh Smith, Kevin Love (Joben), Al Jefferson (broken orbital) and Anthony Davis (tap snap or bons)
- Assists: This will go down on who can dish them better. This statistics is usually relied on point guards so guys like Chris Paul (The Next Damn Champ), Jose Calderon (tap snap or bons), Goran Dragic (Joben), John Wall (Hank), Jeremy Lin Ricky Rubio (DoctorMMA), Kyrie Irving (potato623) and Deron Williams (Mun) will have the edge.
- Blocks: Not a lot block shots although there are names that usually pop up in dominating this stat. Names like Serge Ibaka , Josh Smith (Joben), Javale McGee (Phase), Tyson Chandler (Hank, among others, come up to mind.
- 3-FGs Made: This stat, surprising;y, comes from role players who prefer to wait for the ball whenever a team's superstar or dominant center gets double-teamed. Expect guys like Shane Battier, Mike Dunleavy (Phase), Mike Miller, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson (letstalkmma), Ray Allen, JJ Reddick (Joben), Mario Chalmers, Kevin Martin (stinky fingers/ricky dooby) to play significant roles in acquiring this statistics.
- Steals: Who has the faster hands and the better stifling defense to force turnovers? The team with moe defensive oriented approach to the game can run away with this category.
- Turnovers: The more superstars you have, the more tendencies they throw the ball away. The worse a team's chemistry is, the greater the number of turn-overs. The more your point guard has a score-first mentality, the more you accumulate this. Remember, this is the category where you don't want high numbers!
- FG% Made: The higher the volume of shots taken, the lower this statistics usually is. If you have high volume shooters, you have to manage this one or else it will drag your team to the proverbial hell of field-goal percentage.
- FT%: The more you have dominant centers and power forwards and the more drive-to-the-hoops players you have the better you will fare on this one. But do pray you're not putting Shaquille O-Neals or Dwight Howards more often in the line.