Photo by Esther Lin for MMAFighting.com
UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" took place Saturday night (Jan. 26, 2013) in Chicago, Illinois, with Demetrious Johnson defeating John Dodson by unanimous decision in the main event to retain the UFC flyweight championship of the world. The undercard on FOX saw Glover Teixeira, Anthony Pettis, and Ricardo Lamas earn victories over their respective opponents.
There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson," which took place at the United Center in Chicago, Ill., on Jan. 26, 2013.
Some are notable; others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson collided in the main event, with "Mighty Mouse" earning a unanimous decision win by scores of 48-47, 48-47 and 49-46 and, in the process, defending his 125-pound title for the first time (watch the video highlights here).
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 19 post-fight facts about UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" below:
- According to Fight Metric, Demetrious Johnson out landed John Dodson 127 to 57 in total strikes.
- UFC on FOX 6 drew an attendance of 16,091 for a live gate of $1,270,000.
- David Mitchell earned his first MMA victory since July 2010.
- Quinton Jackson has lost three-straight fights for the first time in his career.
- Ryan Bader recorded the fastest submission victory in UFC light heavyweight history at 50 seconds.
- Rafael Natal finished an opponent for the first time in his six-fight UFC career.
- Vladimir Matyushenko was submitted for the first time in his 33-fight professional career.
- Mike Russow dropped a second consecutive fight for the first time in his career.
- Glover Teixeira has won 18 consecutive mixed martial arts (MMA) fights.
- Matt Wiman was finished for the first time since his UFC debut against Spencer Fisher at UFC 60 in 2006.
- Johnson has fought 135 consecutive minutes without finishing an opponent.
- Ricardo Lamas moved to 4-0 since dropping to the UFC featherweight division.
- Dodson had never been taken down in his UFC career going into UFC on FOX 6. He was taken down five times by Johnson.
- Anthony Pettis became the first man to ever finish Donald Cerrone with strikes.
- Erik Koch was finished for the first time in his 15-fight MMA career.
- With four in a row, T.J. Grant has the second-longest winning streak in the UFC lightweight division behind Ben Henderson.
- Clay Guida has had six UFC fights end in a split decision. He is 3-3 in those decisions.
- Johnson, Dodson, Pettis and Bader earned $50,000 post-fight bonuses (read more on them here).
- The total cage time of the 11-bout UFC on FOX 6 fight card was two hours, one minutes and 45 seconds.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!
For complete UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" results, coverage, video and everything else you can handle click here.