There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson," which took place at the United Center in Chicago, Ill., on Jan. 26, 2013.
Some are notable; others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson collided in the main event, with "Mighty Mouse" earning a unanimous decision win by scores of 48-47, 48-47 and 49-46 and, in the process, defending his 125-pound title for the first time (watch the video highlights here).
That's not all we know, though.
Check out 19 post-fight facts about UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" below:
- According to Fight Metric, Demetrious Johnson out landed John Dodson 127 to 57 in total strikes.
- UFC on FOX 6 drew an attendance of 16,091 for a live gate of $1,270,000.
- David Mitchell earned his first MMA victory since July 2010.
- Quinton Jackson has lost three-straight fights for the first time in his career.
- Ryan Bader recorded the fastest submission victory in UFC light heavyweight history at 50 seconds.
- Rafael Natal finished an opponent for the first time in his six-fight UFC career.
- Vladimir Matyushenko was submitted for the first time in his 33-fight professional career.
- Mike Russow dropped a second consecutive fight for the first time in his career.
- Glover Teixeira has won 18 consecutive mixed martial arts (MMA) fights.
- Matt Wiman was finished for the first time since his UFC debut against Spencer Fisher at UFC 60 in 2006.
- Johnson has fought 135 consecutive minutes without finishing an opponent.
- Ricardo Lamas moved to 4-0 since dropping to the UFC featherweight division.
- Dodson had never been taken down in his UFC career going into UFC on FOX 6. He was taken down five times by Johnson.
- Anthony Pettis became the first man to ever finish Donald Cerrone with strikes.
- Erik Koch was finished for the first time in his 15-fight MMA career.
- With four in a row, T.J. Grant has the second-longest winning streak in the UFC lightweight division behind Ben Henderson.
- Clay Guida has had six UFC fights end in a split decision. He is 3-3 in those decisions.
- Johnson, Dodson, Pettis and Bader earned $50,000 post-fight bonuses (read more on them here).
- The total cage time of the 11-bout UFC on FOX 6 fight card was two hours, one minutes and 45 seconds.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!
For complete UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" results, coverage, video and everything else you can handle click here.