That was a hell of a card. Controversial knees to a "downed opponent just getting a warning, the final fight of an "MMA icon", the return of Showtime and the making of a contender in the 145 pound division. The under cards delivered as well with two (2) underdogs winning and good submissions and KOs.
Six (6) fights ended up with finishes and five (five) were decisions (but not dull ones).
In our own money pool, we saw the resurrection of DetroitDrew and swiftman as they regained their composure and scored big time. My opponent in Tap's bracket jacare was only able to pick four fights so I'll see you ricky dooby in the 2nd round. Agar, isosceles_kramer and bitemyjacket did not have their picks on time and RGIII was only able to salvage 5 picks.
Two events, two lurkers topping. What's going to happen next? Stay tuned next week as more drama unfolds in the most action-packed, best-participated season so far of the Mania Money Pool.
UFC ON FOX 6 QUICK RESULTS:
185 lbs.: Rafael Natal def. Sean Spencer via submission (arm triangle) at 2:13 of round three
MANIA 1 CAMP:
- VicDundee, sepenoob, Deuce02, Sabudhabi Sandwich, kevjack115, dildon, dmerit, biggant, Bongking and Scottidog formed the Magician's crew and believed that
ANS, KinglujanDodson will take the belt by being able to set the proverbial trap for the mighty mouse. The magic fizzled in the 4th and 5th round as Dodson seemed not able to defend the clinch and fell victim to the knees of DJ.
- 44 people (64%) of the camp picked Showtime to win and majority picked a unanimous decision to go along with it. I guess no one expected the Cowboy to fell of the bull machine that fast. No one has ever demolished Cowboy that fast and Pettis should be next in line for the belt after Bendo squeaks by Melendez.
- afrotikiman, VicDundee, thepride, 209king, 209stk, pabloXL, goldmouth, danago, speceben, Ninja Oreo Dollop and Rampagelangford (isn't this obvious? duh!) formed the 16% that picked Rampage to knock down Glover's hype train. Sorry guys, the train doesn't stop in Chicago and will probably be stopped in other time, just not today as Glover showed how he is a force to be reckoned with in the 205 division. He loses to Bones still.
- The Hot Bout was close as far as the picking in the camp is concerned. 38 people (57%) Grant vs 29 people (43%) Wiman. This was supposed to be FotN but Grant didn't seem to get the memo and he demolished the handsomeness of Wiman in the 1st round. No one thought it would be easy for Grant but he showed how he is an elite in the most stacked division. By the way, this is the 5th time I went against Grant and I am 0-5 now.
- phinsallday, U_had_me_at_kimura, 209stk, danago, demerit, highallth3time and ViolentMike went crazy and thought that Guida will lose. It's almost always a common knowledge now that Guida wins a decision against opponents not in the top 5 of any division. Take note of that guys. VM losing his picking touch and I don't know why he picked Hatsu.
- Only 19 people (28%) picked Lamas to win against Orange Julis (JH's words not mine) and boy did he bully the tanned Koch by capitalizing on a Koch slip and lacerating his face with those hellbows that would put Kenny Florian to shame.
- 15 people (22%) punched their way to points in the camp by picking Shawn Jordan to beat the Chicago policeman. Russow failed once again and got his ass handed to him.
- bigGcastle, danago and spaceben (there is a fourth one but I fucking can't find who that is and too lazy to look again at 70 people's picks) picked Stumpf to win against the Duke Roufus product Krauss. Danago showing his magnificent picking in this card.
- WTF did phinsallday, thepride and kevjack115 (again there's a fourth one who picked Maty but I can't find the name) think when they picked the 89-year old utility custodian to beat Darth Bader. We all know that Bader sucks but he won't be beaten by a senior citizen.
- bigGCastle, afrotikiman, 209king, Deuce02, wyldeman99, Rilly, Cruz Jackson, 209stk, Jido7 and Bongking hit the jackpot train when they picked Daudi to upset Grin. The UK native dominatd Thoresen and sent his ass back to Norway to learn about TDD and ground fighting.
- bigGCastle, phinsallday, SUPERFKNMARIO, Deue02, SabuDhabiSandwich and BongKing were enamored by too much Hansel and Gretel and picked the Black Magic of Spencer to work against the savvy submission techniques of the
tennis player Rafael NadalSapo.
FIRST PLACE: THE $20 MAN OF THE HOUR: Snake_Pliskan
- Scored 76 points getting 9/11 correct picks and getting perfect scores for DJ, Tex, Jordan, and Krauss
- The second newcomer to the camp to win $20 this season
- Assured of an entry for season 10 of the money pool.
- With this achievement is now the leader of the pack.
SECOND PLACE: Detroit Drew and Rolandando
- Both scored 74 points, just two points below the money
- The leader of the Darkside got 9/11 correct picks and got perfect scores for DJ, Tex, and Krauss.
- Rolo correctly picked 9/11 correct picks and got perfect scores for DJ, Tex, and Krauss.
THIRD PLACE: Jido7
- Detroit Drew's boyfriend and Darkside protege scored 72 points getting 9/11 correct picks and getting perfect scores for DJ, Krauss and Mitchell.
- He seemed to be in game face this season as he has shown top notch picking for two events already.
SHITPICKER OF THE EVENT: dmerit
- scored 22 points going 4/10
- will wear a signature of shame coming from snake_pliskan
THE STANDINGS AFTER TWO (2) EVENTS:
- Snake_Pliskan now leads the pack with 127 points; close second is letstalkmma with 123 points and not far behind at 3rd is Rolandando with 121 points
- DetroitDrew is the highest gainer with 47 notches up; swiftman is second with 42 notches and Jido7 is third with 40 notches up
- phinsallday was down 24 notches; jacare was down 23 notches
|MMA Playground season 15: Karate Choppin Ninjas
2 / 10 events complete
$20 EVENT WINNERS (assured of spot in Season 10):
- Event 1: bigGCastle (65 points)
- Event 2: Snake_Pliskan (74 points)
THE FLOOR IS YOURS MANIACS!