Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
Are you hungry for some UFC knowledge? Good, because MMAmania.com has you covered with 16 facts about UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson," which is scheduled for this Saturday (Jan. 26, 2013) from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.
For the second year in a row, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) hosts its first network television event of the calendar year in Chicago, Illinois, as UFC on FOX 6: "Johnson vs. Dodson" goes down this Saturday night (Jan. 26, 2013) from "The Windy City."
A flyweight championship bout serves as the main event as Demetrious Johnson puts his belt on the line for the first time against John Dodson, with several other intriguing match ups are scheduled for the undercard.
With the event just days away and anticipation growing for the UFC's second event of 2013, let's take a few minutes to review some event-related facts about UFC on FOX 6.
Check them out:
- Demetrious Johnson has fought 120 consecutive minutes inside the cage without finishing an opponent.
- Chicago plays host to a UFC on FOX event in January for the second year in a row.
- Quinton Jackson has fought in the main or co-main event in nine of his 11-career UFC bouts.
- In a combined 51 professional victories, Jackson and Glover Teixeira have won 38 fights by (T)KO or submission.
- John Dodson has never been taken down in the UFC. He has successfully defended 10 out of 10 takedown attempts.
- Jackson is currently on the first two-fight losing streak of his career.
- According to Fight Nomics, Dodson has a knockdown per minute rate that is three times the heavyweight average.
- Anthony Pettis and Donald Cerrone have the most combined UFC and WEC knockdowns of any matchup on the card at 12. Pettis has four, Cerrone owns eight.
- In 38 combined professional fights, neither Johnson nor Dodson has ever been finished.
- Erik Koch fights for the first time in 16 months. "New Breed" last saw MMA competition at UFC Fight Night 25 in September 2011.
- Vladimir Matyushenko is the second oldest fighter on the UFC roster behind Dan Henderson.
- Jackson has not finished a fight with strikes since Wanderlei Silva at UFC 92 in December 2008.
- T.J. Grant is 3-0 since dropping to the UFC lightweight division in October 2011.
- Ryan Bader returns to action after suffering the first knockout loss of his MMA career to Lyoto Machida at UFC on FOX 4 last August.
- Clay Guida makes his UFC featherweight against Hatsu Hioki on the "Prelims" portion of the card.
- Eleven of the 14 fighters on the UFC on FOX 6 "Prelims" card are coming off one or more losses.
That's a wrap for this set of UFC facts.
Did you learn anything new/interesting? Do any of the facts change your perspective on Saturday's fights?
Let us know below!