Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-ninth edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: This one goes to wooly shambler, who had a pretty spot-on response to a fellow Maniac's comment that Henderson was going to KTFO Machida (not that it couldn't happen).
Tired slow Dan trying to outstrike machida will be like watching a retard trying to catch a butterfly with a spork.
- wooly shambler
- Article of the week: This one goes to the very complete and thorough breakdown of John Dodson's overall MMA skillsby our very own Andrew Richardson. He puts a lot of effort into these and this one in particular was very well done. What are you waiting for, go read it!
- MMAmania's Verbal Submission podcast debuts: Not to toot my own horn, but in case you missed it, we debuted a weekly podcast this week with my Verbal Submission show on Wednesday night. Mania's first guest was Ian McCall and we had a pretty awesome 25 minute interview with him (starts about 12 minutes in). If you didn't tune in live, you can still catch the podcast right here:
- Statistic of the week: You prove time and time again that the personal lives of cagefighters are more interesting to you than the fights themselves. On a week where Michael Bisping nearly got his head kicked off, we had two press conferences including a Nick Diaz vs GSP staredown and all sorts of UFC on Fox 6 promo stuff, the biggest story was Junior dos Santos' marriage falling apart. Yup.
- Fanpost of the Week: AngryTwinkie interviewed his buddy Jimmy Quinlan, who made it into the TUF 17 house this week.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Unambig does it again with his UFC on Fox 6 fast and filthy article breaking down the key match-ups.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This probably would have been comment of the week if Ben Askren hadn't gone and done the impossible by going out and finishing an opponent with his 3rd round TKO of Karl Amoussou.
Askren decisions at life.
Askren doing dishes = finishes by decision
Askren making his bed = UD
Askren taking a shit = Split decision
- Burn of the week: I'll add this segment if anyone gets royally burned by a fellow Maniac, and this one was just too damn good not to use. Sorry Christian16 but you set yourself up for this one.
arianny is the kim kardashian of MMA. completely useless.
You must be the liberace of mania.
- Interview of the Week: We had a boatload of interviews this week, but the best of all had to have been King Mo, who debuted with Bellator last night and won via first round knockout.
But that's not all, we also have some exclusives with Bellator welterweight tournament competitors Brent Weedman and Ben Saunders, Bellator title challenger Karl Amoussou and UFC on Fox 6's Clay Guida.
- Video of the Week: Who's ready for The Reem season three?
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. Unfortunately, Geno seems to have deleted his Twitter account this week, so other Mania writers had to step up their game. Let's see how they did.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Mike Bohn and Andrew Richardson were our big winners this week: .
The pattern of me writing the most about guys I'm not a fan of continues with MM.Only exception is Nelson,and thats b/c hes terrible at MMA.
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Geno Mrosko, Jesse Holland, Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: Nearly 30 weeks and I hadn't done a Brittney Palmer gif? For shame, Brian, for shame.
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
What do you think of the flyweight division in the UFC? Will Saturday's exposure finally get casual fans to care about the 125-pounders?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.