Welcome, Maniacs, to the twenty-seventh edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: UKblitzkrieg brought down the house with a one-liner to rule them all yesterday. To help add some context, I've added the two comments prior to his, but this one definitely got more than me to chuckle from my computer chair.
Then 100% valid point sir.
But man, putting that shit into practice is fucking hard.
If it were easy
how would any growth occur?
there is a pill for that
- Article of the week: We got a fun new tool that shows precisely who's the most active commenters, fanposters and fanshotters on MMAmania. In case you missed the "End of the Year" awards for MMAmania residents, here's another chance.
Statistic of the week: Boxers calling out MMA fighters might not be the smartest thing to do, but it sure is good for business. When Tyson Fury namedropped Cain Velasquez, it became one of our most popular articles of the week. The only one to top it? Michael Bisping responding trashtalking right back to him. Keep it up boys!
- Fanpost of the Week: Steve Borchardt took a detailed look at all of the TV ratings for UFC shows this past year and broke it down pretty extensively. This is extremely interesting especially if you're wondering what Fox executives might think of the UFC's performance thus far.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: It's not MMAmania without a moneypool recruitment/trash talk post. Even if you're not a member, there's some pretty awesome insults in there. Go check it out.
- Honorable mention comment of the week: Blood, bath and beyond takes the cake this week with a sick burn on our favorite resident Stockton gnobgobbler 209stk:
Gil is gonna fuck bendo off
Ceaser Gracie 4 life!
You have a better shot at winning a spelling bee then Gil does at beating Bendo.
- Blood,bath and beyond
- Interview of the Week: In case you missed it, check out our awesome interview with Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp following her fourth event this past weekend.
But that's not all, we also have Bjorn Rebney giving more details on the Eddie Alvarez situation and Louis Gaudinot calling out Jussier da Silva. .
- Video of the Week: The MMA Candy girls teach us out to pass butterfly guard in the best way possible.
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: Geno wasn't a fan of Notre Dame or the baseball Hall of Fame.
I hope the referees continue fucking Notre Dame and Alabama scores a million points. Fuck Notre Dame.
If you're legitimately pissed off that no one went into the Hall of Fame in baseball this year, you're a mark. It's all bullshit.
If you want to catch any good tweets from your Mania writers, here are our accounts: Thomas Myers, Geno Mrosko, Jesse Holland, Adam Guillen Jr., Mike Bohn, Andrew Richardson, George Halvatsis Jr. and Brian Hemminger.
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: I love me some flexible girls
Lastly, let's finish off the week with some Maniac debate. As the week comes to a close, let's get some input:
Now that you've heard from both sides, what do you think will happen when the Eddie Alvarez situation with Bellator/UFC is resolved?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.