Welcome, Maniacs, to the eleventh edition of "This Week in MMAmania.com." MMAmania is a gigantic and glorious place and we pump out a ridiculous amount of content. If you don't refresh this site every 60 minutes, you might just miss something amazing.
Have no fears, that's what this weekly article is all about! We'll recap the best of all things MMAmania, whether it be a great comment, a Fan Post, an article, video or something else.
- Comment of the Week: When Jon Jones came out and said he "no longer cared about being loved, he just wants to be dominant" wooly shambler gave him the appropriate props.
I respect this quote from him
Its just so assanine that from the beginning he and his ridiculous fans were so shocked by anything negative said about him and surprised that not everyone thought he's the second coming.
If that's what it is Jon then stick with it , just win and stop being fake or being Greg's hand puppet .
- Article of the week: The announcement that our very own Jesse Holland would be the "official blogger" of the Sergio Martinez fight in Las Vegas later next week was pretty awesome.
- Statistic of the week: While Brittney Palmer may be the new "it" UFC ring girl, Arianny still moves the needle as evidenced by the popularity of her "ballsy" photoshoot article and the article about her new single "Top of the World." It seems Celeste hasn't lost her luster just yet.
There's plenty more where that came from after the jump:
- Fanpost of the Week: Seeing Outside the Box (Octagon) by Wooly Shambler. Go check it out, pretty educational.
- Honorable mention fanpost of the week: Most fanposts this week were about news but I liked drain's "What's Next for Rashad Evans?" article
- Honorable mention comment of the week: This one was a beautiful response from Ninja Oreo Dollop. After HitokiriX asked for one good reason for the internet besides "MMA and porn," he responded with some insightful honesty:
"Procrastination.... I could be a rocket scientist, a paleontologist and a stunt man if the internet didn't exist."
-Ninja Oreo Dollop
- Interview of the Week: My interview with former Bellator welterweight champion Lyman Good got no comments, WTF. Go read it now. It's really good. (And leave a comment).
- Video of the Week: Learn how to do an arm triangle the classy way!
We don't just have great content on MMAmania, our writers also are very active on Twitter, most notably our beloved Geno Mrosko. If you know anything about Geno, he is quick to anger and is not afraid to call anyone out on their BS.
Here's our honorary #GenoTime Tweet of the Week: He had the typical Geno reaction to all the insanity that has taken place in the last 24 hours
"LOL at people who don't know shit about a situation thinking they're lawyers on Twitter. Shut the fuck up you ignorant clowns."
- Honorable mention goes to Geno as well. As the football season nears, you'll be seeing more and more of this:
"There goes Tony Romo, acting oblivious to the play clock. That's not even rookie level bullshit, that's high school nonsense."
- Obligatory TNA of the Week: If Christina Hendricks is wrong, I don't want to be right
Dumbest comment of the week: Sorry guys, I couldn't find a really dumb comment this week. If you want to nominate something that just makes zero sense and deserves to be in this article, make sure to write "Nominated" or "dumbest" as a response to something you see in a thread. I'll be able to find it via the search function.
Lastly, there was a serious outcry for some Maniac debate. Here's this week's fresh discussion topic:
We're now nearing a full month without a UFC event due to the UFC 151 cancellation. If you had your way, how much time would you like there to be between UFC shows?
That's it for this week. If you've got an extra suggestions for content, or nominations for articles, comments or discussion topics, please feel free to e-mail me at (and I made this e-mail especially for this): HemmingerMMA@gmail.com.